Sunday, December 20, 2015

Homemade Biscoff Cookies


FABULOUS!

Oh my - if you've ever tasted a biscoff cookie...most likely on an airplane flight...you'll know they are a European cookie that is TO.DIE.FOR!

They are crispy and perfectly spiced! So pour some coffee or a glass of milk and imagine you're flying to Hawaii (or your favorite spot) as you enjoy these scrumptious treats. 

So Gina at Kleinworth & Co. created her own recipe and it is spot on! 
She used a scalloped cookie cutter which makes her cookies so much more professional looking. Click on the link above to take a peek....

I'm so glad I tried these...but fair warning: they are very difficult to stay away from!

The only thing I did differently was to roll the cookies into balls and flatten them instead of rolling/cutting them out as Gina did. Then I dipped the top of each ball in sugar before baking.  

Either way they are a very special treat and would be so awesome to add to a holiday cookie tray!! 

I know I'D be VERY happy to get some! 
(I say...as I wipe the drool from my chinny chin chin)


HOMEMADE BISCOFF COOKIES 
  • 2 c. all purpose flour
  • 1 Tb. ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 c. butter (2 sticks) softened
  • 1/2 c. granulated sugar
  • 1/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • sugar for rolling, optional 

  • Preheat oven to 350.

  • In large bowl cream butter, sugar & brown sugar together on low speed; add vanilla; blend.
  • Slowly add flour, spices, salt & baking soda; beat until well combined and mixture is smooth. (I refrigerated first for about 30 minutes for ease in rolling). Roll the dough into 1" balls. Dip the tops of each ball in sugar until coated. Place UN-sugared side down. Bake for 13 - 15 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool. They will fall when cool and become crispy - just like the 'real deal'. 
Linked to Weekend Potluck


You might also enjoy...

Christmas Gumdrop Cookies






Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly