Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Banana Cream Pie Overnight Oatmeal Smoothie (Healthy)

If you've been with me very long, you know I'm a lover of smoothies...
and oatmeal...and make ahead dishes.

So when I saw this lovely intriguing recipe at Running with Spoons I just HAD to try it...

I often add oatmeal to my smoothies to help keep me feeling full, and I also loved the idea of soaking the
oatmeal overnight, so I added a tsp. of chia seeds too, as I often add them, but soak them for a few minutes first.  

I also added a little more cinnamon for my own personal taste...



This idea of prepping most of the ingredients before bedtime was a great invitation to me to try it.

I always have frozen banana slices on hand and love using almond milk (30 calories per cup of unsweetened!), so....away we went.

I really really enjoyed this, but did add more almond milk as it was too thick for me. Hubby prefers smoothies with fruit so this was not his favorite...but to each their own, right?

It's smooth, filling and very tasty...and good for you too.

Try it soon!


BANANA CREAM PIE OVERNIGHT OATMEAL SMOOTHIE

1-1/2 - 2 lg. bananas, sliced & frozen**
(**TIP below)
3/4 - 1 c. (unsweetened) almond milk
1/3 c. rolled oats
1 Tb. natural almond or peanut butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
pinch salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. chia seeds

Add all ingredients EXCEPT bananas to blender; cover & refrigerate overnight. 
In the morning, add the bananas, and blend until smooth for a frosty
creamy, tasty and healthy drink. 

**(When I have very ripe bananas, I cut them into slices on top of a piece of waxed paper on a plate or cookie sheet, spritzed with a little non-stick cooking spray.  Freeze until firm; place in freezer bags.  They won't stick together and you can add as many, or few, as you'd like.)

Linked to Weekend Potluck
Meal Plan Monday



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly