Sunday, February 7, 2016

(No Bake) Coco-Nut Butter Crispies (Gluten Free Option)

                                     
       There were two driving forces that drove me to make this recipe.

1. It's Gluten Free and I wanted to make it for my granddaughter, Charlie, whose meals are quite limited because she gets sick if she eats
 gluten. 

2. I had been clearing out the cupboards before we headed to Florida, and I had little 'bits' of several things to use up to make this easy dish. 

It was a simple and quick recipe - just stir and mix - then place in the freezer to set up, so you don't have to wait very long to enjoy them. 

DELISH!!! 

They taste great and would be perfect for the summertime when the temps are rising and you don't want to heat the oven. 

Thanks much to Raia of Raia's Recipes for this healthy, simple treat. 
Please stop by her site and check out many more wonderful recipes to help with your dietary restrictions. 


COCO-NUT BUTTER CRISPIES 

1/3 c. coconut oil, softened
1/3 c. honey
(I used agave nectar)
1/3 c. cocoa powder
1/3 c. peanut or almond butter
(I used a mixture of both)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
3 c. (gluten free) rice chex cereal

Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil; spray with non stick spray.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except cereal and stir until smooth. Add cereal, then mix until cereal is coated well.  Drop mounds (I used my medium Pampered Chef scoop)  onto prepared pan; freeze until hard. 

Isn't it great when you don't have to wait long to enjoy your creation??? 

Linked to Weekend Potluck





Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly