Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Cafeteria Peanut Butter Balls

I finally got around to making this simple no bake 'healthy' treat.

I've had this recipe for years and have many similar ones on my blog, but
I'm always up to trying ONE MORE. 

This is very tasty. I made it to take along to my grandkids before my visit, then realized IT HAS POWDERED MILK...and my grandson, Sam, is lactose intolerant.

UGH!

So I whipped up another batch for him minus the milk. You can just add more honey or oats to get the consistency you need to roll them.

The kids will love them in their lunches or for after school snacks...
everyone will love them for a bedtime snack too. 

Try them soon. I made half a batch and it yielded about 20 walnut-sized  balls.

(hover over photo to pin) 

CAFETERIA PEANUT BUTTER BALLS 

1 c. honey
1-1/4 c. natural creamy peanut butter
1-1/2 c. dry powdered milk
3 c. quick or old fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
1 - 2 Tb. wheat germ, optional
1 - 2 Tb. flax seed, optional
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips, optional
(or mini M & M's)

In large bowl, combine all ingredients (except choc chips) with a mixer until smooth. Roll into balls between hands; place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet; freeze about 15 minutes, or until firm. 

Remove from freezer and store in a large ziploc bag; keep in the refrigerator.  

Yield: 36 - 40 balls

Linked to Full Plate Thursday
           Weekend Potluck













Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly