Sunday, October 9, 2016

Microwave No Bake Cookies (Small Batch - Sugar free option)



I think we all have a chocolate craving from time to time 
(That is...if you are a chocolate fan). 

I think this is the perfect answer to satisfying that sweet tooth without having a lot of goodies around to continually tempt you. 

(And I'm sharing a sugar free option!) 

I don't make no bake cookies very often, so when I came across this
simple recipe - that only makes SIX cookies - I had to give it a try. 
Thanks to Ready Set Eat blog for sharing this simple recipe. 

It worked perfectly.  

I'm sure you can double or triple the batch, but then I wouldn't be sure how long you would cook it, so if you figure that out, let me know. 

I used xylitol instead of sugar...to make them sugar free, and cooked the base a tad longer...about 1-1/2 minutes,
and I could tell when I was stirring in the oatmeal, that these were going to be great and set up nicely. 

Be sure to enjoy them when you're home alone (teehee).  


MICROWAVE NO BAKE COOKIES

1/3 c. granulated sugar 
2 tsp. baking cocoa
2 Tb. milk
2 Tb. peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. quick cooking oatmeal 

In medium microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar (or xylitol for sugar free),
baking cocoa and milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute 15 seconds, or until it
boils, stirring once.   (If using xylitol, cook for 1 minute 30 seconds). 

Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. (I used a whisk). Add oats and stir until blended. Drop by spoonsful onto wax paper lined plate, to make 6 cookies. Chill in refrigerator for about 10 minutes before enjoying. 

Yield: 6 cookies  

Linked to Weekend Potluck
        Meal Plan Monday

You might also enjoy these no bake treats...













Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly