Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Inside Out Apple Crisp

I may be just a tad late with this apple recipe, but it's soo good..all year long!

I'm very fond of apple crisp and make it frequently, but I loved this new 'twist' on that classic recipe. It was a great way to use some apples that needed to be eaten.

I'm a big fan of My Baking Addiction and that's where I came across this tasty recipe.

I haven't made one of Jamie's recipes yet that's disappointed me. I believe she and I must share taste buds. One thing for sure the two of us have in common....

I'm definitely addicted to baking too!

This will make your kitchen smell SOO good while it's baking.
And I love that this treat takes only minutes to make!

Since I had a lot of apples, I easily doubled the recipe.

They weren't large apples and 8 fit into a 9" X 9" pan.



I added 2 Tb. of apple juice to the pan before baking to help steam the apples, but that's optional.
I also added some fresh grated nutmeg to the topping -
it makes everything taste better!

Hope you'll try this delicious recipe -
the photo below was BEFORE I drizzled them with caramel syrup.


INSIDE OUT APPLE CRISP 


4 Granny Smith apples
(cored and slighty hollowed down)
{I used jonamacs)
1/2 c. rolled oats
2 Tb. butter
3 TB. brown sugar
(I use 1-1/2 Tb. Brown Sugar Splenda or use 3 TB. xylitol
along with 1 tsp. molasses)
1 tsp. of pumpkin (or apple) pie spice
(click here for make your own recipes)

few grates of fresh nutmeg, optional
2 Tb. apple juice, optional
caramel sauce for drizzling over baked apple


 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Core and slightly hollow out the apples beyond the cored center. (Don’t go too far or the apple will loose its shape when baked).

In small bowl, mix oats, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar and if using, fresh nutmeg.

Soften the butter and add to the mixture, mixing gently until spread throughout.

Lightly add the filling to the apples. (Don't pack inside or the apple will burst).

(optional step)
Place apple juice in pan to 'steam' them as they bake.

 Bake for 30 minutes.

Drizzle with caramel sauce and enjoy every bite. 



You might also enjoy these apple dishes...














Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly