Tuesday, May 28, 2019

{New Recipe} Simple Homemade Lemonade (Sugar Free Option)


You know the old adage...

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS...MAKE LEMONADE!


That's exactly what I did after Ohio friends came home from wintering in Arizona and brought us the biggest lemons I've ever seen!

They were nearly twice as big as the ones I'd recently gotten at Walmart! 


They actually picked them from a tree in their yard...she said they couldn't get to the lemons in the middle of the tree because of the big thorns!
(Interesting fact I don't believe I've ever heard before). 

To enjoy this refreshing drink, just make a simple sugar syrup and add to the fresh squeezed lemon juice and some water and enjoy! 

(For a twist, you can always blend fresh watermelon or berries to
add a fruity 'pop' to your lemonade, using 2 cups puree, strained or not). 

I wanted ours to be sugar free, and xylitol is my choice of sweeteners.  I used just a little bit less than 1 cup and thought it was perfect. 

It was just divine!!!!! 

I chose Gina Neely's - Food Network recipe and was very glad I did!

Enjoy soon! 

(If you prefer, you can always try adding 2 Tb. syrup to each glassful that you serve..adding more if you'd like).  

We like ours with just a touch of 'tart'....



SIMPLE HOMEMADE LEMONADE

1 scant cup (just less than) sugar or sweetener
1 c. water
7 c. (sparkling - for a 'kick') water
1 c. fresh squeezed lemon juice 
(you can use bottled...I won't judge=)
1 lemon, quartered, for serving
1 lemon sliced, for serving

Make a simple syrup by adding sugar and water to a saucepan. (I used a microwave safe dish and warmed it for 2 minutes - stirred until sugar was dissolved). Allow to cool. 

Add 7 cups water and lemon juice to 2-qt. pitcher.  Add simple syrup and stir well. Pour into tall glasses filled with ice. Add a slice or two of lemon...garnish the rim with a lemon wedge and serve with a smile. 

Yield: 6 - 8 servings 
(depending on size of your glasses) 

Recipe can easily be doubled to make a gallon! 

TIP:  I suggest not adding slices to lemonade until ready to serve as the
peel can make the lemonade bitter if it sits there too long. 





You might also enjoy...










Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment :

  1. This 🍋 lemonade sounds perfect for our upcoming summer heat! 😘

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly