Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Favorite Low Carb Sausage Gravy (quick too!)


Whenever I'm eating low carb...this is definitely a go-to recipe!
Can hardly believe I've never shared it at my blog before! 

It's simple and quick and you're gonna love it!

I always love a short list of ingredients!!!! 

Do try it soon...you'll be so glad you did. 



FAVORITE LOW CARB SAUSAGE GRAVY 

1 roll (1 lb.) breakfast sausage, any flavor
1 pint (2 c.) heavy whipping cream
1 egg
salt & pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp. xanthum gum mixed with 1 Tb. water, optional 
(I've used arrowroot as well...a couple of Tb.?) 

In large skillet, fry sausage until done.  Do not remove any grease. Turn heat to low. In a small bowl, whisk heavy cream and egg together.  Add to pan of sausage, stirring well.  Add salt & pepper to taste. Add xantham gum mixed with water to thicken more if desired.  

Serve over scrambled eggs or low carb biscuits.

Yield: about 6 servings. 

Net Carbs per serving: about 1 (per SparkPeople calculator) 


This recipe is on page 151 in my last cookbook...

FORK FAVORITES


Linked to 

Meal Plan Monday






Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments :

  1. I love sausage gravy, but have never tried it this way, my friend! I’ll have to try this soon. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wonderful! I do hope you try it and love it like we do. Sure is a great low carb meal. Thanks for stopping by Dearie. XO <3

      Delete

Printfriendly