Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Easy Blender Zucchini Cream Pie

After a friend brought over a big zucchini, I was excited to try this easy recipe.  I shared a couple of pieces with that friend who gave it to me, and she asked for the recipe!  

(hover over photo to pin) 

You'll never know it has zucchini - and you can say 
'This pie is good for you!' haha 

It was easy enough to double the recipe to make 2 pies! I topped my pieces with Cool Whip but it's wonderful without
the added topping.  
I reduced the sugar amount just a bit and thought it was plenty sweet. 

It keeps well in the fridge for a few days, if it lasts that long!

Enjoy soon - you'll be so glad you did!
It's simple and simply delicious!!!


EASY ZUCCHINI BLENDER CREAM PIE 

1 cup zucchini, peeled & cooked 
(I boiled it)
3/4 c. white sugar 
(I reduced from 1 c. in original recipe)
1 c. evaporated milk
2 Tb. all purpose flour
2 Tb. butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 9" unbaked pie shell 

Preheat oven to 425*. 

Peel, cook and drain zucchini.

Dump all ingredients (except pie crust) into a blender and mix well. 
(If making 2 pies, I suggest you make 2 separate batches as 2 will not fit into a smaller blender.)

Bake at 425* for 10 minutes; lower oven to bake at 350 for 20 minutes more. 

Will be just a bit jiggly in the center when it's done...it will set up when it cools. 

Original recipe found at Food.com


You might also want to try...






Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment :

  1. This sounds incredible! I never heard of zucchini in a pie and I’m glad you tried it!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly