Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Lowfat Pumpkin Spice Muffins - 3 ingredients! (Updated)


ONE OF MY MOST FAVORITE FALL TREATS!

This is one of the first recipes I put on my blog...
they were Weight Watcher friendly when I posted it
over 10 years ago...I have recently updated this page..
They're still lowfat, but don't know the WW points now...

I recently took these to a friend and she needed the recipe
the same day, commenting she couldn't believe they were lowfat! *-*

SO simple, moist and impressive! 

The cinnamon chips really add a nice 'pop', but they're
delicious without too...

These are great for a snack or with soup....De-Lish! You'll never guess these are made with pumpkin! And they're lowfat too!


Pumpkin Spice Muffins


1 - 18 ozs. spice cake mix (chocolate is great also)
1 - 15 ozs. can pumpkin puree
about 1/2 cup water
(I rinse the can and don't measure) 
cinnamon chips, optional 


Preheat oven to 350.  Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray or line with 18 - 20 paper liners.  Add cake mix to large bowl, whisking to get lumps out. Add pumpkin and water to cake mix; beat by hand until smooth.   Stir in 1/2 - 1 cup cinnamon chips, saving a few to dot on top before baking. Divide batter evenly into muffin cups.  Bake 18 - 20 minutes or until done, being careful not to overbake. Cool on wire rack. 

These muffins freeze nicely too. I place in a sealed container or even
on a paper plate inside ziploc freezer bags. 



Linked to Weekend Potluck



4 comments :

  1. Looks like another delicious recipe! I told my husband about the broccoli and cheese soup, but we haven't had a chance to make it. We'll add this to the list too! Gracias, smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for another lovely note - I made these muffins this week and could eat the whole batch by myself! They're so moist and delicioso! ;-} Hope you try them soon. They'd be great with the soup also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is my "pleasure"! I enjoy stopping by to see what you've been baking. That's why I'm subscribed to your posts! Delicioso, indeed! Yes, I can tell without officially baking them yet. I'll be sure to update you when we make them. Have a wonderful Wednesday, smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sooo much - your 'sweet' comments are music to my ears - enjoy those muffins & soup! =)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly