Friday, January 7, 2011

Sugar Free/Fat Free Caramel Apple Salad + 20 Tips for losing weight

I'm excited to share one of my favorite dishes with you today!

Simple...easy...delicious...and healthy!  How can ya beat it?

This is another Weight Watchers recipe - I've tweaked it a bit, but I believe you can count 1/2 c. salad = 2 points.  Hurrah!



Chopping the apples is the hardest part...and you don't even have to get the mixer out!

                                                            MMMMMMMMM!


There have been times when I've made this, taken a taste, put the dish in the fridge, get it back out, take another taste, put it back, get it out...you get the picture!  It's tough to stop eating it!

CARAMEL APPLE SALAD

1 (20 ozs) can crushed pineapple, slightly drained
1 (4-serving size) box sugar free butterscotch
pudding mix
1 (8 ozs) tub frozen fat free whipped topping, thawed
4 unpeeled apples, diced
1/2 c. dry roasted peanuts, chopped

Place pineapple in medium bowl. Stir in dry pudding mix and blend well. Add whipped topping, and stir in apples and nuts.
(I prefer to add nuts on top as they tend to soften)

You might want to make this while your family is gone - that way they'll never have to know you made it.  *-*

This recipe and picture have been linked up to

*********************************************

And a 'BONUS' read for today....

Just in case you need some incentive and encouragement about sticking with healthy eating, I thought I'd share these realistic tips & ideas from

HANG IN THERE!! And enjoy a wonderful weekend.

8 comments :

  1. Looks tasty Marsha! I've never tried anything like that! I hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pineapple, apples, and butterscotch....MMMMM, some of my favorites. I am going to have to give this a try, and thanks for the tips. Your lovely background helps too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely salad. I am new to your blog and have been browsing through some of your earlier entries. I really like the food and recipe you feature here. I'll be back often. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious and even better because it's healthy. Thanks for linking this up at Sweets for a Saturday. I hope you'll be able to join in again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so if I eat the whole bowl by myself is it still Fat Free?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh YUM!!!! :) I think I might have to make this SOON! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made this and linked to you in my post @
    http://successful2gether.blogspot.com/2011/04/caramel-apple-salad.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving these 3 words together... caramel, apple and salad. Great recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly