Friday, January 21, 2011

Weight Watchers Snickers Pie

OK - it's time for a healthy dessert recipe!!

This one is awesome because you won't even know you're eating lowfat! (or sugar free as the case may be!)   This definitely tastes like MORE! (as in 'I want MORE'=)

I was given this recipe by a good friend (Thank you Cathy!) a while back and I have made it often.  And it's already typed into my 'upcoming-someday' #2 cookbook.

Now that I know what to expect about putting a cookbook together, it should be a little easier, but I don't plan on having it in my hand for atleast a couple of years. I want to take my time and not rush it...and leave out a recipe I had planned on...as happened with my first cookbook. =( (OOPS - sorry Rosie!)

(And I have plans to help 'nudge' a friend, getting her going with her own cookbook, and feel VERY honored I can help at all=)

I was ready to make this pie this week, but couldn't find the frozen non-fat yogurt called for, so I got the sugar-free vanilla ice cream that was availble (Prarie Farms brand is very tasty...of course, this may change the WW points)

It only takes a few simple ingredients!! 

After allowing the ice cream to sit on the counter and soften, this goes together very quickly. 

I like to leave ripples of the peanut butter showing instead of blending it smooth.
It gives me something to bite into when I'm enjoying it!



Pour it into a pie plate and smooth top. Cover tightly and freeze for atleast 2 hours.  Remove from freezer 10 minutes before ready to serve. Swirl the chocolate over the top and you are ready to chill...so to speak!

This post has been linked to Sweets for a Saturday - check it out!

This post has also been linked to Miz Helen's Full Plate Thursday

This post has been linked to Foodie Friday


 

We have certainly enjoyed every bite of this tasty dish. Trust you will too!


SNICKERS PIE

1 pint (2 cups) vanilla non-fat frozen yogurt softened
2 TB. chunky peanut butter
1/2 pkg. (1/4 cup) sugar free dry instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup fat free frozen whipped topping, thawed
lite chocolate ice cream syrup

In large bowl, combine all ingredients.  Mix well - pour into 8" pie pan.  (I spray a couple quick sprays with Pam...just to make it easier to get out of the dish). Cover tightly and freeze until set. 

Before serving, drizzle 2 tsps. lite chocolate syrup over entire pie.

Serves 8 - each serving = 2 WW points  (in their older program anyway - using the nonfat frozen yogurt)


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                         
BONUS!! 

Did you know today is 'Hugging Day'?  Be sure to hug someone - then hug a few more!  It's good medicine for our souls! Check out this link - HAPPY HUGGING DAY!

Linked to Foodie Friday

10 comments :

  1. Oh yum, this pie sounds delicious and even better because it's been lightened up. I love recipes like that. I'm starting a new linky on my blog tomorrow called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link this up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your WW Snickers Pie looks yummy and healthy. I would like to invite you to bring a dish to my Full Plate Thursday, the linky will be open all week end. Thank you for sharing and you have a great week end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds healthy and delicious! :)

    I'm having the very first GIVEAWAY on my blog. Please stop by to submit an entry. Good Luck.

    http://utry.it/2011/01/happy-birthday-to-meand-very-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, you mean I have permission to hug a stranger? Happy Hugging day sounds like fun. And your dessert looks lovely. ღ

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks very yummy (and fattening). It's hard to believe that is a WW recipe. I could very well satisfy my sweet tooth with this and not feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was very excited to see that you brought your wonderful pie to Full Plate Thursday. Thank you so much for coming and hope to see you next Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday. I really appreciate the support and hope you'll be able to join in next Saturday. By then I'll have a cute button that you can grab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so delicious!!! I love the polka dot plate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, Yum, ..and it is something that won't go to my Bum, bum! :)

    Thanks for sharing Marsha, your the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up a light PB idea to Tiffany's blog - certainly going to try this one!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly