Friday, March 18, 2011

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

This is a delicious way to fix chicken!  I came across the recipe at "SnoWhite's" Finding Joy in My Kitchen and I am sooo glad I did.

I love her blog title - and am always finding J-O-Y in my kitchen...in more
ways than one.  (My middle name is Joy =)

Please check out her recipe as she gives some 'extra' instructions for cooking the rice and a sauce to go with the dish too.

I found some chicken tenders in the freezer and they cooked up perfectly.

A simple and very tasty recipe!


This recipe was inspired by Kraft Foods

PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN

6-8 Ritz or Club Crackers
(I used a mixture of chicken in a biscuit & some whole wheat crackers)
2 Tb. parmesan cheese
2 Tb. olive oil
4 chicken breasts
(or 8 tenders)

Crush crackers and combine with parmesan in a bag or on a plate.

Rinse the chicken in water and then coat with cracker mixture.

Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet.  Place the chicken in the skillet and cook for about 5 - 7 minutes on a side.

Check chicken after about 5 minutes as you don't want the crackers to burn. Try not to flip early because that reduces the cheese melting and crackers toasting, which makes an excellent crust on the chicken.

(You can also bake the chicken tenders at 400* for about 25 - 30 minutes, turning over halfway through baking time) 

Serve with rice and a vegetable and you will enjoy every bite!

I'm sure it won't be long and we'll enjoy this again.


Linked to Melt in Your Mouth Monday
         Hunk of Meat Monday

7 comments :

  1. I can't believe my mouth is watering for this even this early in the morning! ha. Yum!

    And you know, I'm not a bit surprised that your middle name is Joy. That is just SO you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy!! I love parmesan cheese, but it's one of those food items that is not loved by all in the family. UGH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! It's only 9:15am and I'm wanting this right now. Looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delish! I love Ritz cracker crumbs and I like using chicken tenders because they cook so fast. This looks like something we would all like in my house! Have a great weekend Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe!! I love it. And, it makes my day to hear you are finding JOY in your kitchen (literally)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds so good. I have a meal to make for a new mom. I think this sounds perfect for them! Come on over and share it at Hunk of Meat Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a meal everyone enjoys in my family! Following from Kristen's blog!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly