Friday, April 15, 2011

Lightened-Up Coconut Cream Pie

I came across this awesome recipe at one of the wonderful blog parties we get to enjoy online.

This recipe came from Amee's Savory Dish who shares some wonderful lightened up ideas.


We enjoyed this so much - I will definitely make this again, and soon! 

It seems I'm always in a time crunch and this is not only delicious, and doesn't take long to put together.

Toasting the coconut takes the most time...at least it did for me.

I wanted to be sure to have a 'full' pie, so I increased a few ingredients - see recipe below.

LIGHTENED-UP COCONUT CREAM PIE

1 (3 ozs) pkg. sugar free or regular instant vanilla pudding
(I used 1-1/2 pkgs.)
2 cups lowfat milk (I used 3 cups)
3 ozs. fat free cream cheese (I used 4 ozs)
1 tsp. coconut extract
3/4 c. fat free cool whip (I used 1 cup)
1/4 c. plus 6 Tb. unsweetened, shredded coconut, toasted and divided
(I increased amount of coconut in pie to 1/3 c.)
1 graham cracker crust or 6 mini graham crusts

Mix pudding mix, milk and cream cheese, in a large mixing bowl until thickened and well blended.  Stir in cool whip and 1/4 c. coconut and coconut extract.

Fill pie crust with filling and top with remaining 6 Tb. toasted coconut.

Chill several hours before serving.

Deliciously light and tasty.  Your tummy will be sure to thank you for every bite!





Print Friendly and PDF


              Feasting in Fellowship Fridays
              Savory Sunday
              Totally Tasty Tuesday

8 comments :

  1. Looks awesome Marsha! This is one of my favorites that my Mom used to make.

    Enjoy the weekend my friend! Dave and I are going to a Red Sox game in Boston on Saturday and I have Spring Vacation next week! Life is good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut cream pie is at the top of my favorites list. And to make it lite...that's even better. Nice picture!! Makes me want to dig in....

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy you all like the recipe!!:) Now, I am looking forward to trying some of yours....YUM! Have a fabulous weekend, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! And it looks practically guilt-free! I love coconut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness....yummmmmmmmmmmmm! That is all I will say ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum yum yum this looks great!! my first name is amanda, sorry, i thought i had that somewhere on my blog! looks like i need to do an edit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some how missed this one when it came through...I am definitely going to make this for my daughter...she is a diabetic. Hope all is well with your family! Blessings, K

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly