Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes

Recipes don't get much simpler than this one.

If you're having a big Easter dinner and are serving sweet taters, this idea will help you save room in the oven.

Of course, it works any time of the year as well!

This is all you do - honest!

CROCK POT SWEET TATERS

Poke desired number of cleaned sweet potatoes with a fork and wrap each in foil.  Place in slow cooker and cook on low for 3 - 4 hours (depending on size of taters).  Serve with butter, salt, pepper and some brown sugar, maybe some cinnamon too. Or honey?

While cooking....


Before devouring!  (alongside the chicken cordon bleu casserole) 

If you have time for some fun, check out this adorable page...
Cause you're all 'Sweet Taters' to me...

Linked to

5 comments :

  1. Oh, Marsha, can't wait to try these recipes! By the way, you're a "Sweet Tater" too in my book.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baked sweet potatoes, and as soon as I get to my desired weight I will start eating them again....
    I agree with silbook, you are "Sweet Tater" yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, need to pass this on to some of my family members!! Thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH Marsha this absolutely rocks :) I love it... gonna do this immediately.... love sweet potatoes and they are alright in the microwave but a little too dry.. love them wrapped in foil in the oven but don't like the oven on if I'm out... loving the crockpot idea... awesome... also where can I buy a copy of your cookbook... wishing I could have come and meet you and Angie...are you having a signing anywhere else???

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a awesome idea. And I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly