Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wanda's Strawberry Spectacular Dessert

As the saying goes...LIFE IS SHORT...EAT DESSERT FIRST! 

You'll thank me for sharing this simple and scrumptious dessert with you! 


I took pictures as my sweet Alaska friend, 'Wanda Lou' (Her real name is Wanda Denise, but we gave her this nickname long ago and it stuck) made this fantastic dessert while we were in Spokane together, which was lots of fun, because it's rare that I ever get hands in my foodie pictures!

It was oh-so delicious!  I'm not overexaggerating when I made up the name. *-*

It goes together quickly and is delicious and always a winner!

THIS IS MUCH LIKE HAVING STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE IN A PAN! 

Tear the angel food cake into bite size pieces and place in 9" X 13" pan.



Mix softened cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together
and drizzle over cake pieces...


These are the ingredients you will top the recipe with..


 STRAWBERRY SPECTACULAR DESSERT
(From The Better Baker & 'Wanda Lou')

1 baked angel food cake (large size, you'll need more than one small)
1 (8 ozs) box of Cream Cheese
1 (14 ozs) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 (12 ozs) Large container Cool Whip
2 (10 ozs) containers frozen (sweetened) strawberries in their juice, thawed.
Enough fresh strawberries to decorate the top

Break angel food cake into bite size pieces into a 9" x 13" dish. Fill the pan nicely..not clear full (some cakes are smaller than others, so be sure you have enough)


Cream together cream cheese & sweetened condensed milk and drizzle  over the pieces of cake.


Pour thawed strawberries, juice and all, over the top, then
cover with Cool Whip - then top with fresh strawberries

(hover over photo to pin) 

You can imagine how good that looks dished up!  But we took it to a funeral dinner and I didn't take pictures there...so I guess you'll just have to try it to see for yourself!

YOU WON'T BE SORRY!!!

4 comments :

  1. Wow! That looks easy and scrumptious! I'm running out of adjectives to describe your recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marsha, this is a wonderful pot luck sweet treat! And perfect for the cool summer picnics!

    My oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That sounds perfect for a summer dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does the cake get soggy? The flavors sound delicious, but I'm wondering about the consistency/texture...thinking of making this for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly