Thursday, October 6, 2011

Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Latte

I've had P-U-M-P-K-I-N going through my head for weeks now, but seems I've been using up the apples, zucchini and other squash that we've had in abundance.

Oh how happy I was when I saw this simple, but oh-so lovely recipe at my good friend Libby's blog - Cooking with Libby


I jumped out of my chair here and RAN to the kitchen to whip it up.  Oh how good it made the house smell.  YUUUUUMM!

It's that time of year...and combining pumpkin & coffee (plus whipped cream!!) is just what I needed to help me begin my day with a big smile on my face! 

This recipe is easily doubled if you have others to share it with...or if like me, want the whole recipe to yourself!

If you're in a hurry, you can fix this on top of the stove, but simmering it really blends the flavors. 

And you get the benefit of making the house smell like fall too!


CROCKPOT PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE

2 cups milk (I used 1%)
1/2 c. brewed espresso or 3/4 c. strong brewed coffee
2 Tb. pumpkin
2 Tb. sugar or sweetener
2 Tb. vanilla (yes, TB.)
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
(or substitute 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1/8 tsp. cloves, 1/8 tsp. nutmeg, and pinch of ground ginger)

Place milk and espresso/coffee in crockpot. Whisk in pumpkin, sugar, vanilla and spices.

Cover and cook on high for 2 hours if everything is cold.
Whisk again before serving.

Ladle into mugs and garnish with whipped cream and additional cinnamon.


DOING THE HAPPY DANCE!!!


Linked to Full Plate Thursday
                       Sweets for a Saturday
                    Crazy Sweet Tuesday
                             Eat at Home Ingredient Spotlight
                 Melt in Your Mouth Monday
                 Gooseberry Patch Roundup
     Sunday Funday
         Mrs. Fox's Sweet Party
          Whatcha Crockin Wednesday