Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pumpkin Spice M-M-Mochaccino Mix

I was SO happy when I recently came across this awesome mix at Just a Pinch Recipe Club online.

I've already made 2 batches of it.  It's soooo yummy!

And have shared the recipe a few times as well.


Being able to enjoy a cup of hot tea or cocoa, especially during the winter months, really helps soothes my body and soul.
I love giving homemade gifts for the holidays and this one is very special. I've always loved a coffee/cocoa mixture. And I know the recipients will be very pleased this holiday season as well. 

This warm-your-insides drink is very tasty and oh-so creamy too.

When we went to visit our daughter Deb recently (The Queen Mommy) - I took some mix for her to try out. She's a coffee/tea/cocoa 'connoisseur' of sorts. {Check out her recent post here for numerous homemade coffee creamer recipes!}

I was a little leery as she is pretty particular about tastes/textures, but was so tickled when she called the next day to say she needed this recipe.  It was sooo good she didn't really want to share any with her hubby, but gave in to him...

I took a sample to my daughter-in-love and son to try, and he was NOT happy when he realized there wasn't more.

(So of course, I quickly took more over to them...along with the recipe).

Put some of this mix in a pretty bag inside a coffee mug - add a bow and the recipient will be very pleased. 


 I love that you can use lite or sugar free products to suit dietary needs, and the results are still out-of-this-world-yummy! 

PUMPKIN SPICE MOCHACCINO MIX

3 c. regular powdered creamer
2 c. plain hot cocoa mix
(I used sugar free)
1/2 c. vanilla creamer (I used sugar free)
(the original recipe used marshmallow mocha creamer - sometimes found at Aldi's - I couldn't find it)
4 TB. pumpkin pie spice
(I have a recipe for making your own here)
1 TB. ground nutmeg
1 rounded cup instant coffee
(I used decaf)

Mix all ingredients well until smooth and there are no lumps.  Store in air tight container.

In bottom of your mug, place 3 rounded Tablespoonsful of the mix.  Add 1 c. heated milk. Stir well until dissolved and enjoy.

It tastes great using hot water too, but milk gives it an extra boost.

Certainly feel free to drizzle with caramel syrup just to make yourself feel really pampered!

(If you want it to dissolve easier, try mixing a cup of mix at a time in the blender until it's becomes more powder-y, but I don't think it's necessary with this recipe.)

Linked to Ingredient Spotlight
Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Recipe of the Week: Drinks
Homemade Holiday



7 comments :

  1. Umm! That sounds so comforting on a cold winter day! I am on such a pumpkin kick lately! I wish we had these pumpkin flavors all year round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! I can't wait to make this, it would be a great teacher's gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! And, the photos just make me want to dive right in and take a drink right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm...I can almost smell that! It would make wonderful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute gift giving idea...And I am definitely going to make this for myself. Awesome post! And your photos have me drooling....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another yummy drink! Which is your favorite, this one or the cinnamon??

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly