Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pretty Pumpkin Cinnamon Buns

These delicious rolls would make a great start to your Christmas morning!

ANY morning really....


That gorgeous bun just seems to be saying...TA DA! 

Oh wouldn't you like a warm bite right now???

I sure would!

These are amazingly wonderful rolls.  They take a bit of time to make, but trust me, they are just so worth it.

You could make them ahead, freeze them and thaw the night before.  Warm them in the microwave the next day and everyone will LOVE YOU!

I had printed this recipe from Taste of Home, but before making them, saw the recipe again at Cooking with Libby and was inspired to 'make them happen' in my kitchen.  Libby tweaked the recipe a tad - adding pumpkin pie spice, which I love. 

Lands Sakes - these are amazing!  They would be awesome to enjoy for a holiday brunch! 

And oh hooooowww incredible they make the kitchen smell while they're baking!!!!  Cinnamon is one of my all-time fragrances anyway, and this one just put me over the top.

I feel sooo pampered and spoiled enjoying my morning coffee with one of these babies, warmed in the microwave.

FOR.EVER.MORE!!

The recipe calls for a buttercream glaze, but wouldn't a cream cheese one 'take the cake' too???  Or even caramel?

How could they possibly get any better!!!!!

The recipe makes 2 pans full, so feel free to freeze one for later.

You'll be sooo glad you did!


PRETTY PUMPKIN CINNAMON BUNS

2 Tb. active dry yeast
1/2 c. warm water (110* to 115*)
4 eggs
1 c. shortening
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 c. warm milk (110* - 115*)
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/3 c. instant vanilla pudding mix
1/3 c. instant butterscotch pudding mix
(I did use sugar free)
1 tsp. salt
7 - 8 c. all purpose flour
(I used even more)

FILLING:
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

ICING:
3 Tb. water
2 Tb. butter, softened
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 c. powdered sugar
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.  Add the eggs, shortening, pumpkin, milk, sugars, pudding mixes, salt and 6 c. flour.  Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).

Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 - 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.  Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about an hour or longer.

Punch dough down; divide in half.  Roll each portion into 12" X 8" rectangle; brush with butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2" of edges.

Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with long side; pinch seams to seal.  Cut each into 12 slices. Place cut side down in two greased 9" X 13" baking pans.  Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30-45 minutes.

Bake at 350 for 22 - 28 minutes or until golden brown.  In a small bowl, combine water, butter, and spices.  Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread over buns.  Serve warm.

Yield: 2 dozen
(somehow I always get more?)


Linked to Foodie Friday
Totally Tasty Tuesday
Weekend Potluck

6 comments :

  1. I was just commenting on another page that we ALWAYS have cinnamon rolls Christmas morning.

    My Little Miss and the fella may eat them all before I get a chance if I made pumpkin ones!! lol

    These look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...I can almost smell those!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness those look so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have stumbled upon these many times and haven't gotten the courage to try them. Since one of my favorite critics (you) has posted on them, I just might give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious. Perfect for Christmas morning. Come visit. We have a terrific cocoa made with Nutella. Delicious. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly