Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Church Window Candy

Here's a fun and kid-friendly recipe I thought would be great for Easter.  (Though I did make it for Christmas and saved the recipe for now=).

This was one of my mama's favorite recipes and my kids always think of her when I make it.

It's also in my cookbook.  (Page 141=)

It's just sooo colorful isn't it??

YUUUMMMMMM-YYYYYYY too!

I like that it can be made days ahead and refrigerated until ready to slice and serve.

Only 5 simple ingredients! And only a few minutes to put together too!

Have fun with it and enjoy every marshmallow-y bite!!


CHURCH WINDOW CANDY

1/3 c. margarine
1 - (12 ozs) pkg. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 - (16 ozs) bag colored mini marshmallows
1 c. chopped nuts
1 c. shredded coconut

Melt margarine and chocolate chips together. (I do it on medium power in the microwave, being careful to stir often).  Cool slightly. Stir in marshmallows and nuts.  On two long pieces of waxed paper, sprinkle coconut in a line on each. Drop mixture into a roll on top of the coconut; sprinkle with more coconut on top before wrapping up tightly in the waxed paper; refrigerate. 

When chilled, remove paper and slice into pretty slices.

            Crazy Sweet Tuesday
       Mop it up Monday


Mixitup