Monday, April 16, 2012

Snickerdoodle Bread

I do think I jumped up and down (while sitting right here in my chair!) when I saw this amazing recipe at Aunt Nubby's Kitchen.


Snickerdoodle Cookies always bring emotions to the surface as they are what I often made as a child, after GETTING to make them when I was in 4-H.

This bread is sooo tasty and I love that it has sour cream in it too.

I made this to serve to a ladies group at church and it was a big hit. Especially with the cinnamon butter that I served alongside it.
MMMMM!

If you love snickerdoodle cookies, you will LOOOOVE this awesome bread. 

It has a crunchy sugar/cinnamon topping that adds a perfect touch.


SNICKERDOODLE BREAD

1 c. butter, softened
2 c. sugar
(I reduced it to 1-1/2)
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. sour cream
2-1/2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 (10 ozs) bag cinnamon chips
(where you find choco chips, but maybe only seasonally?)
2 Tb. flour

TOPPING:

2 Tb. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare 2 9-in. loaf pans by spraying with cooking spray. In large bowl, combine butter and sugar; cream together with electric mixer for about 2 minutes until fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.  Add vanilla and sour cream; mix to combine.

In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; whisk to combine.  Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, stirring until blended.

Coat the cinnamon chips with 2 Tb. flour, then stir into batter. Spoon batter into prepared pans.  Combine sugar and cinnamon for topping; sprinkle over batter before baking.

Bake 55 - 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Remove from oven; let cool 5 - 10 minutes before removing from pans to rack to cool.

                Scrumptious Sunday
                        Melt in Your Mouth Monday
         Mix it up Monday