Friday, May 18, 2012

Mandarin Orange Pecan Salad & Weekend Potluck #18

WELCOME TO WEEKEND POTLUCK!


Pull up a chair.....pour some tea or coffee and sit a spell with us. 
We're very excited about all the awesome posts being linked here weekly!  And we certainly welcome YOU!!




AND...




I am not especially fond of green salads, but give me a 'dressed up' salad like this one and I can woof down a big bowlfull...


MANDARIN ORANGE PECAN SALAD

Romaine lettuce
1 - 12 ozs. can mandarin oranges, drained
pecan halves, toasted in butter then coated with a little brown sugar
green onions, chopped

Dressing:

1 dash pepper
1/4 c. canola oil
2 Tb. sugar
2 Tb. apple cider vinegar
2 shakes tabasco sauce
1 Tb. fresh parsley

Blend together and toss over salad.

Wow. Last week was a super-tremendous party and it was almost too difficult to pick favorites, but we tried...

The recipe with the most clicks was ~

Banana Pudding Cheese Cake recipe
Banana Pudding Cheese Cake by Recipes for Divine Living

Recipes that caught our attention ~

CHICKEN CRESCENT ROLL CASSEROLE recipe
Strawberry Cream Dessert recipe
Strawberry Cream Dessert by The Big Green Bowl

And, a personal favorite ~

IMG_2905-1
Rhubarb Dream Bars from Grandma Loy's Kitchen 

If you were featured today, please feel free to grab the red “featured” button from below.


Your hosts ~
Remember that when you link up, it shows on all FIVE blogs. Plus…

We TWEET. We PIN. We LIKE.

When you are kind enough to follow our guidelines, we work hard to get you as much exposure as possible so that your time here is well invested.




8 comments :

  1. Thanks for hosting! Have a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a dressed up salad too. And salads always taste better when I eat out at a restaurant....HUMMMM!! I wonder why that is?
    Thank you for hosting Weekend Potluck. I am loving this link that you are providing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting! Hope your weekend is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marsha! Thank you so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't all those recipes look delicious, and here I am not being in my kitchen for a couple of weeks so I can't try any of them right now. You are so sweet for featuring my Rhubarb Dream Bars. I love them. I am certainly going to have to work on getting buttons for when I have been featured on my blog when I get back. Thanks for hosting. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for hosting! After all of the junk I've been eating lately that mandarin orange salad would be such a nice change of pace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for another link party. I linked up a healthy and simple No Calorie Sweet Green Tea recipe (#140) that's a great alternative to soda. Perfect for hot summer afternoons! Hope you like it and have an awesome week!
    Rebekah-www.potholesandpantyhose.com

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly