Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ramen Broccoli Slaw

I had enjoyed eating this before (love those potlucks!) but hadn't ever made it myself, until I saw this easy recipe featured at Mix it up Monday at Lisa's Flour Me with Love blog.

The recipe was posted by Marissa at Rae Gun Ramblings. And it's so simple to make! She has an awesome tutorial there is you want to check it out. Please be sure to let her know I sent you over. 

Have you ever purchased a bag of broccoli slaw?  Makes all that shredding so easy - I think it would be great steamed too.

It's best to let this salad stand atleast a few hours before serving, and overnight is even better....the noodles get softer that way.

Always good to have a 'make ahead' dish when you're preparing a big meal huh?


RAMEN BROCCOLI SLAW

1/4 C. Vegetable Oil
1/8 C. White Vinegar
1 Tsp. Sugar
(Splenda worked fine)
1/8 tsp. Pepper
1 pkg. Ramen seasoning


Ramen Noodles (uncooked and crushed)
16 oz. Bag Shredded Broccoli Slaw
1/2 C. (slivered) Almonds
(I toasted mine in a skillet on the stove)
4 green onions, sliced

Mix the first 5 ingredients together to make the dressing.

Add the rest of the ingredients and toss.
(It may seem like there won't be enough dressing, but there will be)

Serve it immediately or up 2-3 days later.

Linked to GP Roundup - Summer Salads









5 comments :

  1. Ummm! I love salads like these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made this and absolutely love it. The flavors are amazing. I would rather have this then the traditional coleslaw. I love your picture....it's so colorful and summertime inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious. I'm always looking for different types of broccoli slaw/salad recipes. Especially since I'm lucky enough to have a child that will actually eat broccoli. I know, it's amazing! haha

    I also wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway on my blog this week and would love for you to check it out if you have the time. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds very good to me, I want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might like the cucumber spread on a sandwich. We have a local restaurant that makes a "Rainbow Sandwich". 2 slices of white bread and 2 slices of wheat bread. Start with a slice of white bread and top with cucumber spread. Then a slice of wheat bread and top with pimento cheese. Another slice of white bread topped with chicken salad. Stacks these three in order and top with another slice of wheat bread. Remove crust and cut into 4pieces and present on the plate with 2 pieces showing white bread on top and 2 pieces showing the wheat bread. Pretty AND Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly