Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fiesta Dip


This delicious recipe was linked to Weekend Potluck a few weeks ago.  It came from Jenn at Eat Cake for Dinner.  


You know it's gotta be great because this is a recipe she chose to feature from Gooseberry Patch's Simple Shortcut Recipes.  

Who doesn't LOVE Gooseberry Patch?  YUUUMMM!  

Mexican dishes are my most favorite anyway, so this was right up my taste bud alley! 

I didn't realize it made such a big batch until I was in the middle of it, so I sent some home with one of my hubby's buddies.  It wasn't long and his wife called for the recipe. 

It has corn and black beans....and as far as I'm concerned, you can NEVER go wrong adding cream cheese to anything.  

We ended up finishing it off by adding it to quesadillas...we loved them!

So if you are hosting company, or going to a picnic....mix up some of this tasty dish and be sure to take the recipe along with you. 
It does have a bit of a 'pizazz'. 


KELLEY'S FIESTA DIP

1 - 8 ozs. cream cheese, softened
1 - 16 ozs. container (lite) sour cream (2 cups)
1 - 11 ozs. can sweet yellow and white corn, drained
1 - 15 ozs. can black beans, rinsed and drained 
1 - 10 ozs. can rotel tomatoes, drained
(tomatoes with green chilies)
1-1/2 Tb. salsa seasoning mix
(Jenn and I both used taco seasoning mix)
2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
tortilla chips for serving

In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.  Add remaining ingredients; stir until blended. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving. 
Serve with tortilla chips.

9 comments :

  1. yum...I know we would love this! Anything Mexican is a favorite here! Looks easy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, this looks so tasty! I just printed it up. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I am so glad you liked it. I agree it does make a very large batch! - Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks stinkin' amazing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One can never have enough dip recipes! This looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dips always go over well at people gatherings. This looks fabulous! And I like the idea of adding it quesadillas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love Mexican food too! Looks like a great dip for any occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seen this come through Facebook, and I know I need to make this...Thank you for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I zeroed in on this fabulous looking dip. As you know I make something similar, but I am seeing a couple of additions I'm going to have to try. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly