Monday, July 16, 2012

Peanut Butter Fudge No Bake Cookies

OOOOOhhh - you are gonna love me for sharing this tasty treat!

We all love having some sweets during the summertime, and this one can be done without an oven!  Hallelujah! 

This recipe was linked up at our Weekend Potluck linky party recently, and I tried them right away. Thanks to Leesy at The MotherHOOD for sharing this yummy recipe.  These are almost like candy - that's why 'fudge' is included in their name!

I used xylitol instead of sugar, and didn't have natural peanut butter, so used my 'regular'.  I added a little bit (about 1/4 c.) more oatmeal and we scarfed them down in no time at all. 

After all - peanut butter and oatmeal are healthy options, right?? 

(Do you see the 'smooch' in the corner of the photo?)  I added that because these cookies are LIP-SMACKING good! *-* 



PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE NO BAKE COOKIES 

4-1/2 c. quick cooking oats 
1-1/2 c. peanut butter
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2-1/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. butter
3/4 c. milk

Cover a large cookie sheet with waxed paper. 

Place oatmeal, peanut butter, salt and vanilla in large (shatterproof) bowl. In saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, butter and milk. 

Bring to a hard boil and boil for 1 minute. (Starting timing once it reaches hard boil).

Remove from heat and pour syrup over peanut butter/oatmeal mixture and stir until blended smoothly, and it begins to cool. You'll be able to see it thickens when it's time to drop them. Let cool until set. 

Yield: 2 dozen large cookies or 4 dozen smaller ones 

(I stored ours in a covered container in the fridge) 

Linked to Totally Tasty Tuesday
        Mop it up Monday
             Scrumptious Sunday
             Ingredient Spotlight - Oats
Weekend Potluck
Meal Plan Monday



9 comments :

  1. Oh nice! I like that there's no baking involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. I'm in - these totally rock! I don't even know if I could make them - I'd eat the entire batch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! I pinned this recipe for later. Looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cookies! Especially for summer time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My second comment on these wonderful looking no bake cookies (I just know my son will love). I nominated you for a blog award www.alilcountrysugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cookies look great! I love that they are no bake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love no bake cookies - def want to try these :) I'm visiting from jugglingactmama.blogspot.com - found you on the Mop it Up Monday Linky Party. I hope you'll come visit me, too :) jugglingactmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly