Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Raspberry Lemonade Smoothie {Healthy Option}

As you probably know, I am all about quick and delicious!


Healthy too....

And in these hotter temps, I love to 'chill' with a cool drink. 

I snag a lot of Katie's recipes - This Chick Cooks - because she...
like me...enjoys those quick and delicious AND HEALTHY recipes too! 

I adapted this one just a tad to suit my taste.  Trust me...it was wonderful and cooling too. 

I had just purchased some fresh raspberries and frozen most of them, so I was really ready to 'rock n roll' with razzzberries. 


RASPBERRY LEMONADE SMOOTHIE 

3 ice cubes, crushed
1/2 c. frozen raspberries
1/2 - 3/4 c. water
1 - 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice 
2 tsp. honey
(I used liquid stevia, about 7 drops, or to taste)
garnish: fresh berries or mint leaves if desired. 

Combine all ingredients in a blender. Start with 1/2 c. water and add more after you've blended the smoothie, to get the consistency you'd like. 

If you let the blender stand just a few minutes (Yes..I KNOW...it's hard to wait!) most of the seeds will drop to the bottom.  Just stop pouring before you get to that part. 

8 comments :

  1. I want to be sitting next to a pool and sipping on these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took a beautiful picture and so inviting!! I believe that raspberries are the new strawberry...use to be so few recipes for raspberries...one because they were not so readily available...now you see them not only year around but even better prices...blessings, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the looks of this....there is no milk or yogurt involved (which is a good thing).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! How good does that look and sound?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, ah!!! it sounds sooooo good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just catching up to some of your posts now. I just got back from a family trip to CA.

    This smoothie looks awesome Marsha! :) Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marsha, this sounds delish! Love the photo, too!! I can't wait to try this refreshing lemonade smoothie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so good! Love the raspberry garnish. Great photo :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly