Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sauteed Apple & Cranberry Oatmeal

It's been a while since I shared an oatmeal recipe....

I am OAT-Rageously WILD about Oatmeal...and anything you can add to it....

Peanut butter, chocolate, fresh fruit, nuts, dried fruit, pumpkin, spices, etc. etc. 

As soon as I saw this idea from Kelley at The Grant Life I knew I would be enjoying it soon.  I've made it a few times since also.

So easy - and healthy for you. 

And it won't heat up the kitchen!  Gotta love that this time of year!

I cooked my oatmeal in the microwave, then topped it off with the sauteed fruit, but try it the way you want to.

Any way - I'm sure it'll be delicious. 

More Please!!

SAUTEED APPLE & CRANBERRY OATMEAL

Butter
(I subbed coconut oil) 
One medium apple, peeled and chopped
(Galas are my favorite) 
Dried Cranberries
Honey, cinnamon/sugar or your favorite sweetener
Old-Fashioned oats
(enough for 1 - 2 servings)

Sautee the apple in oil until tender, about 5 minutes, sprinkling with cinnamon or cinnamon/sugar. Add the water, cranberries and oatmeal and cook according to pkg. directions. 

Or just add the fruit mixture to cooked oatmeal and top with spices.
The next time I make it I plan to add apple butter at the finish.

It'll warm your tummy and give you a great start on your day!

I love oatmeal for lunch and dinner too.  MMMM! 

Linked at
            Fit & Fabulous Fridays
               Ingredient Spotlight - Apples
            GBP Roundup - Breakfasts




4 comments :

  1. I'm a big fan of oatmeal and appreciate this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not an oatmeal fan but this does sound delicious. I think I will give it a try and maybe you will make me an oatmeal fan with this recipe. Thanks for sharing on foodie friends friday. Also newest follower on linky follower.
    marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! I love oatmeal and would love this dish! Thanks again for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious! You have so many amazing oatmeal recipes Marsha!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly