Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Butter Dip Biscuits



(In my best Paula Deen voice...) LOL

"Hey Ya'll.....you're with me on this right?"  

And standing in line just waiting for a bite too huh? 

These are easy - no rolling required - and fluffy too. 

This lovely recipe comes from my good good buddy, The Country Cook.
Brandie has such great country-cooking kind of recipes and I have confidence whenever I make one of her recipes, it's gonna be top notch. 

How can you possibly go wrong when you know someone's recipes are tried & true...over and over and over again???

BUTTER - DIP - BISCUITS!!! YES PLEASE!!

{Thank you Brandie!!! Hugs to you Sweet Friend!}

This is a quick dish that you can add to any meal and be happy you did!
They'd be awesome with eggs and/or gravy for breakfast too!

I can almost taste the crunchy crust that the butter bakes into these 
BOMIN' Biscuits! MMMM - Oh my!!

It's best to use real buttermilk, but if you don't have it, there's
a substitute below the recipe. 



BUTTER DIP BISCUITS

1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
(if using salted butter, omit salt)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp. granulated sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. kosher salt 
*1 - 3/4 cup buttermilk (see below)

Preheat oven to 450. Place the butter in 8" square baking dish. Place in oven until melted. 
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour in the buttermilk.  Stir until loose dough forms.  Dough will be sticky. 

Press biscuit dough into baking dish (yes, on top of the melted butter). Spread it out with your floured hands or a lightly-greased spatula. 

Cut the biscuit dough into 9 squares before baking. Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes, rotating once during baking.  Be sure to check it before time is up because oven temps do vary. Biscuits should be golden brown on top and spring back to the touch. 

(Brandie suggests if the butter is coming up to the top and getting brown during baking, just take a paper towel and dab around the edges). 

*If you don't have real buttermilk, pour just less than 2 Tb. vinegar in the bottom of 2 c. measuring cup. Add enough milk to fill to 1-3/4 c. and let stand 5 minutes....so it can thicken. 


11 comments :

  1. These look so yummy! I am trying them for breakfast this morning! Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family is not big on biscuits but this recipe is so easy and so good. The biscuits are great with stews and soups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always looking for a great biscuit recipe. I'll try these for sure! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you do have a great way with words! even though I was hooked at Butter already.. thanks for sharing - I think this will be a nice addition to our braais (BBQ)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look sooooo yumm, delicious, and meltingly inviting. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh I could eat JUST THIS for supper. Mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Know what else? i LOVE coming to your blog when I can't find a recipe in my file - cuz I know I will find it here. LOL! You ARE the Better Baker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am making a big ol' ham steak for dinner tonight. I was thinking of what to have with it, and this is looking pretty perfect. I can hardly wait for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made the "Butter Soaked Biscuits" last night! Sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These biscuits sound so good! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly