Sunday, September 2, 2012

Peanut Butter-Filled Brownie Cupcakes

GOODBYE AUGUST...WELCOME SEPTEMBER!

Now that the temps are dropping somewhat, I'm ready to share some recipes to turn you...and your oven...on!  Been saving them up all summer, so get ready to rumba...and to bake too. 

These tasty treats are A.MA.ZING!

I always love being able to use a brownie mix for the base - this one is dressed up with a peanut butter and cream cheese filling. 

These would be great for a bake sale or if you want to impress someone with what you've whipped up in the kitchen. 

I found this recipe in one of those smaller sized Taste of Home recipe 
cookbooks - "Cake Mix Creations"....Brownies & Bars chapter

What's more left to say???

Other than YUUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! 



PEANUT BUTTER FILLED BROWNIE CUPCAKES 

1 pkg. fudge brownie mix (8" sq. pan size) 
1/2 c. mini semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 c. creamy peanut butter
3 Tb. cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/4 c. sugar
powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350*.

Prepare brownie batter according to pkg. directions; stir in chocolate chips.  

For filling: In small bowl, beat peanut butter, cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. 

Fill paper-lined muffin cups 1/3 full with batter. Drop filling by teaspoonsful
(I used Tablespoonsful to divide evenly between the 12 cups)
into the center of each cupcake. Cover with remaining batter. 

Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in brownie portion comes out clean.  Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.  Dust tops with powdered sugar if desired.

Store in the refrigerator. 

Yield: 1 dozen 

(I used my spring loaded scoops to make these and it worked great!) 

Linked to Mop it up Monday
            Mix it up Monday
               Melt in your mouth Monday
               Whatcha Whipped up Wednesday
               Ingredient Spotlight - Peanut Butter
      Weekend Potluck
       Meal Plan Monday

10 comments :

  1. Mmmmm...these look very yummy! You just can't go wrong with a chocolate peanut butter combination, can you? I bet that filling is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the temps would drop here!!! I'm going to revolt and use my oven anyway. These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut Butter-Filled Brownie Cupcakes recipe is different variety and wonderful taste. New Mint Peanut Chutney recipe is very healthy for all people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is pure heaven!! I want these brownie cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here summer is in full swing and it's still very hot(!)
    But I'm always ready for such wonderful delicious cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound perfect!! I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these sound perfect! What's not to love with peanut butter, chocolate and cream cheese!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, those look so good. My favorite combination, chocolate and peanut butter. I'm going to have to blame any future weight gain on you because I will definitely be trying these!!!

    Following your blog now from the Whatcha' Whipped Up hop.

    Ashley
    http://www.supremelydivinelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Cow! These look soooo good. I wish I had one now:)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly