Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pecan Tassies {with caramel drizzle}

Oh what a sweet treat - like mini pecan pies! They make a wonderful presentation too. 

Whenever I make these tasty treats, I always! hear lots of 'M-M-M-MORE PLEASE!' And "I need that recipe!" 

If you have one of these mini pastry pushers (from Pampered Chef), it makes this job a whole lot easier as you put the ball of dough in the mini muffin pan, and press this nifty tool in it and your crust is formed & ready to be filled!  
I love it! 




PECAN TASSIES 

CRUST:
1 - 8 ozs. pkg. cream cheese, softened 
1 c. margarine or butter, softened
2 c. all purpose flour

FILLING: 

2 eggs, beaten
1-1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/2 c. chopped pecans
12 vanilla caramels, melted, optional
1 Tb. milk, optional 

To make crust: Combine cream cheese and margarine in medium bowl; add flour; mix well.  Chill

Divide dough into quarters; divide each quarter into 12 balls.  Press each onto bottom and sides of mini-muffin pan.  Preheat oven to 325*. 

To make filling: Combine eggs, brown sugar and vanilla in medium bowl; stir in pecans. Spoon into pastry shells, filling each cup.  Bake 25 - 30 minutes or until pastry is golden.  Cool 5 minutes- remove from pan.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar or melt caramels and milk adn spoon over cooled tarts.

If you're serving right away, you could drizzle with some caramel ice cream topping like I did for the photo. 

Linked to Weekend Potluck
             Foodie Friends Friday
            Scrumptious Sunday
          Mix it up Monday
            Melt in your mouth Monday
           Whatcha Whipped up Wednesday
         Wonderful Food Wednesday

13 comments :

  1. Mmmmm - they look so scrumptious!

    I tried routing them to Twitter and Facebook both and the link at the bottom of your post wouldn't let me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love this recipe! These are my favorites, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted to try these for a long time. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look yummy! I have been wanting to try this recipe and I will have to now! You made them look irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Pecan Tassies! I never drizzled anything over them before. That will bring it to a whole new level! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound delicious. Thanks for bringing them to our party at Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only do these look YUMMMY, but also so simple to make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look simply AMAZING, and sound super delicious

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are one of my all time favorite cookies! LOVE THEM! I never thought to drizzle caramel over them. What have I been missing all these years??? Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Those look absolutely amazing!! And I bet they taste amazing, too! Will definitely be trying these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum Marsha! These look so good. I'm a big fan on anything "mini". I was just looking at a pamper chef catalog this afternoon. I need to see if I can get one of those pastry pushers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So good!

    Love for you to link this recipe (and a couple others if you'd like!) to Wonderful Food Wednesday at http://www.athometake2.com. Hope to see you there!

    Jessica @ At Home Take 2

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE pecan pie. Thank you for sharing! I'm featuring you this week at Addicted to Recipes! Please come by and grab a button! http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/09/scrumptious-sunday-28-features.html

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly