Thursday, October 18, 2012

Crispy Onion (Baked) Chicken



We eat a lot of chicken and this is one of my most favorite ways to fix it!

It's easy and delicious - especially if you like french-fried onions...you know...the kind we love to add to green bean casserole.

You can even use the cheddar-flavored ones if you prefer. 

There is another 'version' that calls for eggs - that's not nearly as yummy as this is cause we all know...BUTTER MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER! 

I love that it's baked and not fried too!

I love this so much I added it to my cookbook.  My comment there reads "I think I could eat this every day.  Irresistibly delicious! Great served with macaroni or potato salad." 

Hope you try it soon!


CRISPY ONION CHICKEN 

1/2 c. butter or margarine, melted
 Tb. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. ground mustard
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 (6 ozs) can cheddar or original french-fried onions, crushed 

Preheat oven to 350*.

Grease 9" square baking pan.  In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire, ground mustard, garlic salt and pepper.  Dip chicken in the butter mixture, then coat with onions.  Place in the prepared pan; top with any remaining onions.Drizzle with any remaining butter.

Bake uncovered for 30 - 35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.

Yield: 4 servings 

Linked to Weekend Potluck
            Foodie Friends Friday
       Meal Plan Monday