Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Peanut Butter Pumpkins!


                                                                         
WELCOME TO MY PUMPKIN PATCH! 

(OK - pretend you're hearing trumpets blowing)...

 ♫ PUM...PUM...PUM...PUM...♫

These are some special little PUMpkins! 

I am just giddy with delight as I type this.  This is such an easy, cute and fun recipe...especially this time of the year. 

And only THREE simple ingredients!
(Four if you count the food coloring) 

 I usually try to have an easy recipe for my grandkids to make when they're here for our T'giving meal, and I think this just might be the one. 

I was happy to find the recipe that inspired me to make these at Mimi's Meals & Deals.  I would also be happy if you'd stop by and check out more lovely recipes and 'deals' Mimi shares there.  And please don't forget to tell her I said hello. 

My sweet little granddaughter, Chloe Lyn, came over to spend some
time with me...she helped me bake cookies for my upcoming bake sale.  And she helped her Papa and me with a project in the garage.  We had lots of fun and she was SUCH a big help to us. 

We visited our daughter and family just yesterday - she has our youngest grandchildren. Since I wanted to take them a special treat, it was extra special that Chloe got to help make these fun little fall treats for her cousins. 

We had a great time with them while we were there!! 


I mixed these by hand - though Mimi used the dough hook on her stand mixer. We added food coloring about 3 times to make them orange enough for our liking.  (You are starting with peanut butter-brown) Then we each stood a toothpick by our little pumpkin and leaned it over onto the pumpkin to make the creases.  We used mini chocolate chips for stems and I think they turned out just so cute. When we pressed the mini chocolate chip on top, it seemed to give it an even more realistic affect!

AND BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THEY ARE OH SO TASTY TOO! 

I think they would be really cute as cupcake toppers too!


PEANUT BUTTER PUMPKINS 

1-1/2 sticks butter, room temp
1 c. (smooth) peanut butter
1 - 1# box powdered sugar (about 3-1/2 c.)
Yellow & Red food coloring
(You'll want about 4 times more yellow than red)
Mini chocolate chips 


Linked at Crazy Sweet Tuesday
              Foodie Friends Friday
            Scrumptious Sunday
          Mop it up Monday
           Farm Girl Fest
               Show Me What You Got Tuesdays
        Mix it up Monday
         Totally Tasty Tuesday
          Ingredient Spotlight - Pumpkin
          Gooseberry Patch Halloween Party
        Whatcha Whipped up Wednesday
         Creative Thursday
         Thursday's Treasures
        Clever Chicks
            Iron Chef Mom - Peanut Butter
Gooseberry Patch Roundup - Halloween  
The Shady Porch - Holiday Linky Party 
GBP Roundup - Peanut Butter 
Melt in Your Mouth Monday 
Full Plate Thursday
Made By You Monday
Meal Plan Monday
Weekend Potluck

33 comments :

  1. Going to have to put this recipe back for the grandma slumber night party!! So cute...not to mention yummmmmmy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are ADORABLE!!! What a great treat to make with the kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute Marsha! My second graders would be all over these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mrs. B! These are soooo cute and professional looking! I am VERY impressed!!!!!! :)
    Are there any special instructions for rolling or storing?
    Love this post and plan on sharing it to facebook later this morning.
    Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love these! How do you keep coming up with these great ideas? I just have to make some of these for Halloween and Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marsha, these are thee CUTEST things I've ever seen! I know my kiddos would just love to make these! Thanks for sharing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing!! So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great recipe! I can't wait to try them - love peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGoodness, these are the cutest little pumpkins EVER!! Those roasted potatoes in your other post look mighty tasty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pumpkins are sooo stinkin' cute! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've already pinned these because they are just TOO CUTE. Off to share on Facebook and wondering if I can make them today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun!!!! I love these, what a great project to do with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute, and they sound tasty too! If you haven't already, I'd love for you to link up for the #pumpkinpatchhop http://jugglingactmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/pumpkin-patch-blog-hop.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  16. So adorable ! I found you through I Should be Mopping the Floor and would love for you to come share at my Blog Fest. http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/10/farm-girl-blog-fest-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for linking up with the Pumpkin Patch Blog Hop! I love your post and pinned it to my Pumpkin Board on Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so clever! I love the mini chocolate chip stems :) so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute idea!! And easy too. I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Finally - a pumpkin I want to eat! What a fantastic idea. Pinning :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yummy...these look cute a sound delicious. I just may try them out this weekend when my grandson comes to visit...fun to make!!
    Thanks for popping by my blog...see u again I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I shared them on recent blog post...
    http://www.pumpkinsandginger.com/2012/10/spooky-sweet-snacksfor-my-boo-tiful.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute and they sound delicious! Visiting from Our Delightful Home :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are darling Marsha! I'm going to have to make these with the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have a peanut butter lovin' family ... these are sure to be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  26. We make these 'peanutbutter balls' every Christmas and dip them in chocolate! I never thought to add color and the pumpkin-ness is SO CLEVER!!

    I’d like to invite you to join us at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/clever-chicks-blog-hop-5-happy-hen.html

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for linking up with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop, you are one of the featured blogs this week! Please feel free to grab the Featured button if you’d like. Thanks again for sharing this recipe with us!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/clever-chicks-blog-hop-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love these little pumpkins! I'm going to have to make some. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  29. I went to the original post...and while cute...I have to say that your addition of the little lines on the side make all the difference. I'll be making these with the grands this Thanksgiving day!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly