Wednesday, November 28, 2012

PB & J Bars



My dear daughter Deb (say that fast 5 times=) introduced me to this recipe after a friend made it for her.  Deb ranted & raved and so I was so happy to get a copy so I could make them myself.

A great lunch treat or after school snack. 

I love anything with peanut butter and am always pleased to know the family is getting some protein in this sweet treat. 



PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY BARS

1 c. butter, softened
1-1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 lg. eggs
2 c. (18 ozs) creamy peanut butter
3 c.flour (I use half in white whole wheat)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1-1/2 c. (18 ozs) favorite jam
chopped peanuts, optional

Grease 9"X13" pan and line with waxed paper. Grease and flour pan. Cream butter and sugar on medium speed for about 2 minutes. On low speed add vanilla, eggs and peanut butter; beat until well combined. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. On low speed add to creamed mixture just until combined. Spread 2/3 of dough into pan evenly. Spread jam over dough. Drop remaining dough on top and press lightly. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts if desired. Bake 30 - 40 minutes until golden brown.(Be careful not to overbake or they will be too dry).
                                                                

Linked to Creative ThursdayWeekend PotluckIngredient Spotlight: PB & J

2 comments :

  1. Ooh, I'll bet my grand kids would love these (me, too)!!! I'm going to make them after I make a batch of Christmas Jam.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly