Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Peanut Butter Quick Bread



I know there are some folks who are allergic to peanuts.

I'm SO thankful I'm not one of those people because I truly truly love me some peanut butter!

I knew when I first saw this recipe at Mandy's Recipe Box I would HAVE to make it...and enjoy every tasty bite too...and indeed I did!  

I love giving quick breads for the holidays and think this would make a great gift...
as long as they're not allergic to peanuts.

(Well you just might have to take it back home and enjoy it yourself then huh?) 

The only change I made was to substitute some white whole wheat for part of the flour. My revisions are listed below.  Feel free to use all purpose flour for
the full amount if you want. 

Mandy entered this recipe in a Smart Balance contest,using Smart Balance peanut butter.   Good luck Mandy!
We can testify to it's yummy goodness. 


PEANUT BUTTER QUICK BREAD 

1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 tsp. maple flavoring, optional
1 c. all purpose flour
3/4 c. white whole wheat flour 
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. buttermilk 


Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9" loaf pan. 

In large bowl, cream together brown sugar and peanut butter.  Add egg and flavoring. In medium bowl, combine flour(s), soda and salt. Alternately add buttermilk and flour mixture; blend until smooth. 

 Bake 45 - 50 minutes until tests done in the middle. Remove from pan to cool on wire rack. Cool before slicing. 

(I like to wrap my quick breads in foil when they come out of the pan to keep them moist.) 


Linked to Weekend Potluck
             Scrumptious Sunday

8 comments :

  1. The crumb on that bread is fabulous-looks so nice and moist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son (20) will not eat PB unless it is spread on bread .. mm, wonder what he'll think of this recipe ;-) Definitely worth a try as I love PB anything! Pinned - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link back, Marsha! I love that this bread tastes like pb cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm. I love quick breads and peanut butter puts it over the top. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, we love peanut butter at our house! This bread sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this looks so good!

    I love peanut butter, and will plan to make this recipe very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love peanut butter !! And adore american food recipes. I think yours will become my favourite american food blog !!!
    Love,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love peanut butter. This has to be good.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly