Sunday, November 11, 2012

Self-Frosting Pumpkin Nutella Muffins



Have you ever heard of such a thing???

SELF-Frosting muffins???

Oh Baby! 

This is such a wonderful recipe.  I am sooo glad I tried it, and will be making them again soon.  I found the recipe at A Feast for the Eyes. Debby has tons of wonderful recipes - all photographed beautifully! Mouth-watering!

Nutella is swirled in the top of the muffin before it's baked, so it's as if it is already frosted. 


The pumpkin and chocolate really compliment each other - they were SOO good warm from the oven!  They are a heavy moist muffin - my favorite!!!!!

These luscious bites of yum are easy to make too - just mix dry ingredients in one bowl, wet ones in another and blend together! I loved the ease of making these because I mixed it with a spatula by hand....no mixer needed. 

Our son and dil stopped by soon after I took them out of the oven. Both expressed how good! they thought the muffins were.  They are great taste testers. 


SELF-FROSTING PUMPKIN NUTELLA MUFFINS 

1 - 15 ozs. can pure pumpkin puree (NOT filling) 
1/2 c. vegetable oil
(I used 1/4 c. oil, 1/4 c. applesauce)
2 lg. eggs
(or 1 egg and 2 egg whites)
1 Tb. vanilla extract
1/4 c. light brown sugar, packed
(or 2 Tb. brown sugar splenda)
2 c. all purpose flour 
1/4 c. white sugar (or xylitol)
1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
(or substitute pumpkin pie spice for spices)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cocoa powder
12 heaping tsps. Nutella for topping 

Preheat oven to 375. Line or spray 12-cup muffin pan. 

In large bowl, whisk together flour, white sugar, spices, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Set aside. 

In small bowl, whisk the pumpkin, oil, eggs, vanilla and brown sugar. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and whisk to blend.

Fill prepared muffins cups evenly, about 3/4 full. (I love to use my scoop to make this easier). Place a heaping teaspoon of Nutella onto the top of each muffin. Use a toothpick or skewer to swirl the Nutella slightly around the top of the batter. 

Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. 

Serve warm - be careful not to burn your mouth! Store in airtight container. 

Yield: 12 fabulous muffins

Linked to Mix it up Monday
         Wednesday Extravaganza
      Gooseberry Patch Roundup - Pumpkin
 Full Plate Thursday
Weekend Potluck   
Meal Plan Monday

6 comments :

  1. Yum Yum....I have been eying these for some time...I am going to make these probably this weekend...they look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love moist muffins...these look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I am trying these but with a different twist. I have leftover Biscoff Spread from my Biscoff Scones and I think that would be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, do these look good! I have to give them a try! I have some Nutella in the cupboard looking to be turned into something wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my!! These look so good!

    Im saving to one of my Pinterest boards, and plan to make it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so unbelievably good! This recipe is definitely a keeper!
    I would love to have you share this, and/or any other recipe of your at Wednesday Extravaganza - my Foodie Link Party with the chance to get a lifetime feature on my Wall of Fame. Here is the link:
    http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2012/11/wednesday-extravaganza-4.html

    Can't wait to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly