Monday, November 12, 2012

"Lightened" Hot Apple Pie Sipper




If you love apple pie, you're gonna love this tasty treat. The spiced ice cream gives it a smooth creamy texture. 

It's oh so good! And Easy too!!
(The pumpkin plate and the red cake stand were each gifts...the lovely leaf dish I just received as a gift from my dear friend Roxanna) 

I lightened it by using sugar free spiced apple cider, Smart Balance spread, 
brown sugar splenda & Carb Smart vanilla ice cream. 

Just in case you prefer it 'FULL BLOWN', recipe for both is below.

This drink made me think of Kitty of Kitty's Kozy Kitchen because she is always 'lightening' dishes up too.  And I know she enjoys Carb Smart...

Kitty has so many beautiful tablescapes, and I was inspired to do a little dress up of my own.  Thank you Kitty for all your inspiration and delicious recipes. If you've never stopped by to visit her, you are missing out. 

Enjoy every scrumptious sip! 


'LIGHTENED' HOT APPLE PIE SIPPER 

1/4 c. butter, softened
(or Smart Balance spread)
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
(or 2 Tb. brown sugar splenda)
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
(Carb Smart or FF yogurt works too)
4 c. hot apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
(I used one envelope of sugar free spiced apple cider mixed with 2/3 c. very hot water) 

In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves until light and fluffy.  Beat in ice cream. (I mixed this by hand). Cover and freeze until firm. 

Yield: 6 servings

For each serving, place 1/3 c. ice cream mixture in a mug. Add 2/3 c. warmed cider. 

YYUUUUMMMM!!! 

Linked to Foodie Friends Friday
         Weekend Potluck

7 comments :

  1. This sounds just yummy for a fall cool night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww you're so sweet, Marsha dear! Thanks for the shout-out! You're drink looks amazingly wonderful and I wish I could share one with you right this minute. You always inspire me with YOUR lightened up versions. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds wonderful! And I would have to have the full-blown version just to say I did, and then switch to the lighter version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love it! As long as the sugar-free cider mixed isn't sweetened with aspartame, I will do it that way too. I almost always buy lighter ice cream b/c it still tastes so good and creamy and you can't even tell it's sugar free & low fat! This sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! Love the lightening of the calories! Sharing on my Walking on Sunshine FB page! Thanks for joining Foodie Friends Friday and for your comment on my Daily Dish post this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious!Thanks for sharing with us at Foodie Friends Friday this week.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly