Thursday, December 13, 2012

Brown Sugar Vanilla/Almond Scrub (Gift Giving)

Have you ever tried making a homemade scrub?  They are great...and terrific to give as gifts.

This one is very tasty too (don't be afraid to taste it as everything in it is edible as well). 

I love the recipes at Kitty's Kozy Kitchen. Just like many of Kitty's other recipes...I HAD to make this soon after printing it! *-*

It works awesome to soften hands, elbows, feet and whatever other rough parts of your body need some 'attention'. 

This recipe makes a couple of small jarsfull.  They are great to keep on hand for the holidays to give as hostess or last minute gifts. 

I included a small shell as a 'scooper'...just for fun.  Any spoon will do as well too. 


BROWN SUGAR VANILLA ALMOND SCRUB 

2 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
1 c. oil*
(I used, as Kitty did, 1/2 c. olive oil and 1/2 c. coconut oil) 
*(I have revised this recipe since making others....I think it's
better using only 3/4 c. oil total) 
1 TB. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract

Mix the sugars together until there are no lumps.  After I measured
the oil, I added the extracts to it, then mixed into the sugars. (A pastry blender worked nicely). Blend until smooth. Place into jars or plastic containers (if you want to be sure of no breakage in the bathroom). 

MMMMM - this smells oh-so good! 

Linked to Weekend Potluck

3 comments :

  1. I'm going to try this! Can't wait to smell it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like it, Marsha! It makes nice, thoughtful, useful gifts, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly