Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Lark's Pecan Chews



(Since I'm trying to wrap up my own baking for the week, I wanted to share this fabulous cookie recipe so maybe you can get it made before the new year comes in too...)

OH.MY.STARS!  AND...OH.THAT.LARK! 

My good buddy, Lark, at Lark's Country Heart, is one of the most creative cooks I've ever known!

She is always blowing me away with the things she just makes up in her head!  

She is definitely gifted.

I am SO fond of pecan pie, and pecan pie muffins...so when I saw this recipe at Lark's blog earlier this year, I knew I would go bonkers over this creation.

Not only did I, but others did as well because I shared them at a graduation open house this summer. I had lots of compliments and requests for the recipe. 

It's an awesome combo of pecan pie and cookie! And makes a great addition to any holiday cookie tray!

(As I was preparing this post, I realized my photo is very blurry so I am using Lark's and giving her credit....I will just have to make them again!)

photo credit: Lark's Country Heart 

LARK'S PECAN CHEWS 

1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. margarine, softened
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
3 TB. corn syrup

Filling:
1 c. chopped pecans
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350.
Cream together the brown sugar and margarine,
then add the egg and vanilla. Slowly add  the remaining ingredients.
Once dough is mixed smooth, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.

While the dough is chilling, start the filing. In a sauce pan mix all of the ingredients together until sugar is dissolved.  Let chill until the dough is ready.
 Spray lightly a baking sheet with cooking spray. Shape dough into balls, place onto baking sheet. Indent each cookie with your thumb.
Place a small amount of the filling into each indention.
Bake for 9-12 minutes

Remove cookies from the pan to cool
on a wire rack. Store in an air tight container.

(May drizzle with chocolate if you'd like a prettier presentation)

Linked to Weekend Potluck

5 comments :

  1. Thank you for your sweet comments. I am glad you like these little "gems"! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of pecan pie, too, Marsha, so I know I would love these. Pecan pie in cookie form= less calories !! That's great portion control right there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My you killing me with all these yummy cookie recipes. I love pecan pie. I wish I had pecans handy; I think these wold be great to add to my holiday baking adventure this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came over to look for you breakfast casserole recipe and got distracted! I cannot wait to make these for my Dad, he loves pecan pie!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly