Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Gooey Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies

Now who could possibly resist a cookie with that title???

NOT ME! 

All 3 descriptions.....GOOEY...CHOCOLATE...CREAM CHEESE....grab me by the neck and throw me towards the cookie plate! 
*_*

AND...these yummy treats are made with a CAKE MIX!!

Hurrah!!

That means they can be made quicker, and I'm loving that. 

This is a combination of a cookie recipe from my daughter-in-love, Lyn, that's in my cookbook, and Paula Deen's famous gooey cookies.  The only difference is adding the egg & vanilla (in Paula's recipe), so just know you can make these cookies without an egg if you prefer....but adding the egg also adds the 'gooey' to the cookie.  (And you don't have to refrigerate the dough first either).  They don't HAVE to be rolled in powdered sugar either, but I think that 'crinkly' look dresses them up. 

I had mini M & M's on hand too, so we added them also. The recipe doesn't call for them though. 



GOOEY CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE COOKIES 

1 - 8 ozs. pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick butter or margarine, softened
1 egg (optional - but they won't be as 'gooey' without)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 - 18 ozs. moist devil's food cake mix 
powdered sugar, optional


Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the egg; add vanilla extract. Beat in the cake mix. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in confectioner's sugar, (or not). Place 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 11 - 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and "gooey." (MMM - MY favorite part!) Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners' sugar, if desired.

Linked to Weekend Potluck

7 comments :

  1. I love gooey ! Thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made Paula's version and it was a hit with everyone but me! lol! I don't know why but I wasn't much of a fan...I guess I prefer homemade sometimes, though I do like lemon cake mix cookies. never thought I was picky, but about desserts I can get snobby. lol But these were so well liked I know I will make them again b/c they are a crowd pleaser. Love yours with the candies! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, do your cookies look good! I love cream cheese in cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I would love these ooey gooey cookies! You share the best recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy, these sound so good. I'm in love with cake mix cookies right now. I'm pinning these to make sooner than later:) Hope you have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your recipes. Would you please when you add something great to a recipe tell us how much, for a person who does not experiment that much from the recipe? Also would you give an idea of how much is made, so I know if I need to double for the family
    Thank you for finding so many recipes for us

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly