Thursday, March 7, 2013

Delicious Green Smoothie



If you're like me, you see many recipes for green smoothies all over BlogLand. 

And they all intrigue me. 

I just about jumped out of my chair here and ran to the kitchen to make this simple recipe...really, I couldn't wait to try it, and was so happy I did. 

Recipe came from My Biscuits are Burning who adapted it from a Vitamix recipe.
(I just love that blog name...so creative!) 

We enjoy smoothies often, but this is the first time I actually added spinach.

I'm also very fond of easy & quick recipes like this...just toss everything into your blender...whir and enjoy!

I was surprised that you can't even taste it, yet you get the nutritional value of the spinach...and the lovely green color.  Would be a fun thing to serve your family on St. Patty's Day! 

I'm not sure I've ever added grapes to a smoothie before either, but I will definitely be making this again.  

I thought about how nice it would be if I could have climbed into my blender to lick it out as it's thick and sticks to the sides....
(I'm sayin...it was just a thought=) 

This is similar to 'detox' smoothies that I've viewed, and think it's a great way to get fruit/veggies into your family.  I thought the pineapple flavor came through the strongest, but if you aren't wild about pineapple, just cut back on the amount. 

Enjoy every healthy sip! 


GREEN SMOOTHIE 
(For Beginners...per MBAB blog) 

1 c. green grapes
1/2 c. pineapple chunks, fresh or canned
2 c. fresh spinach, packed
1/2 ripe banana
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. ice cubes

Place all ingredients into your blender in order listed; secure lid and blend until smooth.  

Serve immediately.

Yield: 2 good-sized glasses

Linked to Weekend Potluck

2 comments :

  1. Your Green Smoothie looks delicious! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    Mamamia @ My Biscuits are Burning

    ReplyDelete
  2. yumm..sounds interesting! =)

    Melissa @ My recent favorite books

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly