Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Homemade Febreeze (so simple)



I love making homemade 'cleaners' for the home. Not only are they frugal, but we can know what's in them.  It's good to know I'm not spreading chemicals in the home and the environment.

I was tickled when a friend sent me this simple recipe for fabric refreshener. I'm sure there are a number of variations on the net and at Pinterest for this recipe. I didn't do any research as this recipe seemed to be worth a try. 

Can't go wrong!  Try it - you'll like it.  I added a touch of lavendar essential oil too.  


HOMEMADE FEBREEZE

1/8 c. fabric softener
(I love Downy or Suavitel)
click here for simple recipe for homemade fabric softener)
2 Tb. baking soda
hot tap water
spray bottle (27 ozs) 
few drops of essential oil (lavendar or orange) for fragrance, optional

Using a funnel, pour fabric softener and baking soda into empty spray bottle. Fill bottle with hot tap water and shake well. (Be sure nozzle is closed before shaking). 

Spray away!!! Making your own makes for a large savings for you! 

Linked to Mop it up Monday


3 comments :

  1. This would be fun to try, Marsha! Thanks for sharing. Hope all is well with you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this great idea!
    Pinning to save -

    Have a great week!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Marsha! I just ran out of this and now I can make my own :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly