Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Peanut Butter Hard Shell Ice Cream Topping (Sugar Free Option)

(I posted this recipe a while back when my granddaughter's were here for a 'crafting' day, but I decided it needs it's own post, so here ya go...)

I'M IN LOVE...

This 3-ingredient, and amazing Peanut Butter Hard Shell Ice Cream Topping recipe that I found at 
Chocolate Covered Katie..has won me over! 
(Katie has a Healthy Dessert Blog that I follow!!!)

I LOVE peanut butter...this is in liquid form and sooo tasty!
Ice cream is NOT one of my favorite things, but I've decided I'm all about
crunch, so if you give me some crunch added to the cool stuff, I'll be a happy camper. 

All you do is stir together peanut butter (I doubled the amount Katie uses), melted coconut oil, and sweetener of choice (we used liquid stevia) to make this delicious treat.

We were all pretty impressed at how simple - AND DELICIOUS! -it was. 




PEANUT BUTTER MAGIC SHELL (Sugar Free Option)

1 - 2 Tb. peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
1 - 2 Tb. virgin coconut oil, melted
sweetener of choice, to taste (stevia drops, truvia, agave, etc.)

Combine all ingredients and stir until it makes a thin liquid. 
Pour over your ice cream and watch it set up. 

Enjoy every crunchy bite!!!!!!!!!!

This makes enough for about 2 - 3 servings, depending on how much you'd like. 
Feel free to double or triple the recipe if needed. If you refrigerate leftovers, be sure to heat up before enjoying the next time. 

(If you prefer chocolate magic shell, either melt the oil with 1/2 c. chocolate chips or add about 1/4 c. baking cocoa and sweetener to oil, to taste.)

Linked to Weekend Potluck
Foodie Friends Friday

5 comments :

  1. My kids have just recently gotten into magic shell. Carson loves it! He is going to be so surprised when I make it myself. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE any kind of magic shell! Putting this one on my to make list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried the peanut butter variety! I'll be making this soon. I do have a chocolate one I make and I'm with you, I LOVE the crunchiness of it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I get soft serve, I get it dipped. I'm digging the peanut butter version and I'm so doing this...really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at peanut butter. This sounds awesome. Pinning this one too. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly