Wednesday, October 2, 2013

3 Yummy Recipes from "Love at First Bite" - My Second Cookbook

When I had my first photo shoot with Glyn, my photographer buddy who works for the same newspaper I write for, after my new cookbooks had arrived in mid-August, we had a great time....and I was tickled he gave me a DVD with the photos on it.

This was the photo printed on the front page of the Leader Enterprise (Montpelier, Ohio) the week after my books arrived. 

I'm so blessed to live in Small Town, USA, where they make big deals
out of everything that goes on.  I am overjoyed with all the 'promo' the local newspapers have given me in this endeavor. 


Anyway - I wanted to share 3 of the recipes I made for that day....

And just in case you weren't aware...of the 202 recipes in this new book, over 100 of them have "6 INGREDIENTS OR FEWER" 
and over 50 of them are "LIGHTER CHOICES". 
ALL of them are DELICIOUS!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

This first recipe is quick and easy.  The 'sauce' is cooked in the microwave so it is ready to eat in no time! Adding pretzels to the cereal makes for a great sweet/salty combo...hard to stop eating them! *-* Only 6 Ingredients!


SPEEDY PRETZEL CEREAL BARS - Page 98

1 c. white sugar
1 c. light corn syrup
1 c. peanut butter
4 c. crispy rice cereal (or squares)
2 c. pretzel sticks, coarsely crushed
(I placed them in a ziploc bag and just broke them with my fingers) 
1 c. M & M's or nuts, optional 

In a large microwaveable bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup.  Microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved.  Stir in peanut butter until blended smooth.  Add cereal, pretzels and M & M's, stiring until evenly coated.  Press into a greased 9" X 13" pan (or 10" X 15" X 1" for thinner bars). Cool; cut into bars.  Yield: 4 - 5 dozen 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I love everything about crescent rolls.  Adding dijon, ham, swiss cheese and pineapple, just make these so tasty.  They go quickly!!  Only 5 Ingredients!


PINEAPPLE HAM CRESCENTS - Page 7
(with pineapple sauce)

1 can (15 ozs) pineapple spears, in its own juice
(Or use 2 pineapple chunks per roll)
1 can (8 ozs) refrigerated crescent rolls (8 count)
8 thin slices deli ham, 2" wide
8 slices Swiss Cheese, 2" wide
1 Tb. Dijon mustard

Preheat oven to 375. Drain pineapple well, reserving juice.  Reserve 2 spears for sauce; chop and set aside.  Unroll crescent rolls.  Wrap a slice of ham and slice of cheese around each pineapple spear. Place at widest part of crescent and roll up.  Place on baking sheet.  Bake 12 - 15 minutes or until golden.  In saucepan, boil reserved juice with mustard until thickened, about 10 minutes; stirring frequently. Stir in chopped pineapple.  Serve with crescents.
Yield: 8 sandwiches 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I love this delicious recipe. Use saltines instead of pretzels if you prefer.  The sweet and salty combo is always amazing to me! Only 4 simple ingredients and you're ready to munch...and share, if you must. 


SIMPLE PRETZEL (OR SALTINE) TOFFEE BARK - Page 137

8 ozs. (or less) mini pretzels, broken into small pieces 
(or about 40 saltine cracker squares)
1 c. butter (2 sticks)
1 c. packed light brown sugar
2 c. (or 12 ozs) bag semisweet chocolate chips
chopped nuts, optional 

Preheat oven to 375. Line a 17" X 11" cookie sheet with foil (nonstick works great).  Cover the bottom of the pan with broken pretzels (or whole saltines); set aside.  In medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter and sugar. When mixture begins to boil, let it bubble for 3 minutes without stirring.  Immediately pour over pretzels, moving pan from one end to the other while pouring to spread evenly.  (Don't worry if you have some 'bare' places where the toffee hasn't spread.)  Bake for 5 minutes.  Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.  Let stand for 5 minutes; then spread melted chocolate evenly over top and sprinkle with chopped nuts.  Cool completely and break into pieces. 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

If you'd like more details about the book, and how to order, click here.
Love at First Bite is selling for $15.00 + $4.00 Shipping & Handling
($1.09 OH tax) 

Please let me know if you have any questions. I love to sign each one I send out, so be sure to let me know a name.  These books make great Christmas or 'anytime' gifts. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly