Monday, January 27, 2014

Copycat Bob Evans Chicken & Noodles (Soup)

I was excited when I saw this tasty recipe at Tastes of Lizzy T's
mostly because this is just how I make my chicken and noodle soup! 

You can't ever go wrong making soup.  We love all year around. 

We love Bob Evans because we always! get a great meal there.



Honestly, I'm not sure this recipe was intended to be soup.

Maybe just chicken and noodles?

I guess one just has more broth than the other, but both are mighty comforting. 


(If you'd take a fancy...hop on over to All Free Copycat Recipes and
see this...my...recipe here being shared there!) 

I made mine just before dinnertime, but there is the option to do all the cooking in the crockpot, so do whatever works best for you. 

Enjoy it either way you choose! It's gonna be delicious, no matter what. 



COPYCAT BOB EVANS CHICKEN & NOODLES 




9 c. chicken broth
3/4 c. carrots, chopped
3/4 c. celery, chopped
1 c. onion, chopped
1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
1 (1# pkg.) homestyle noodles
(I used 12 ozs. pkg. frozen Reames noodles - they're just like homemade!) 



In large (6 qt. or larger) crockpot, add broth, vegetables, chicken, butter and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or on high for 3. 



Remove chicken and shred with a fork. Return back to crockpot.  Add noodles; cook for another hour on low. 

Add more broth if you need it to be 'soupier'. 

Linked to Weekend Potluck
           Meal Plan Monday

You might also like this dish...Chicken Ranch Stroganoff


Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments :

  1. Marsha, do you ever have trouble getting the Reames noodles to get soft? Seems like they're always too chewy still when I use them. TIA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....I haven't had that problem, and so sorry you have. They can be oh so tasty. Hope you'll try try again. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I keep the Reames noodles frozen or thaw before adding them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You add them while they are frozen. Hope this helps...trust you enjoyed the soup!

      Delete

Printfriendly