Friday, May 23, 2014

Quick Coconut Toast (Low Sugar Option)

I was so tickled when I came across a recipe I had forgotten about!
I use to make this often when the kids were growing up.

If you love enjoying a crispy, sticky, and sweet goodie for breakfast...THIS IS FOR YOU! I feel very spoiled when I enjoy it. It's frugal too!

This is certainly worthy of sharing with guests.  Trust you and your family find it a real taste treat too. 


COCONUT TOAST 
1/2 c. butter, melted (no substitutes)
2/3 - 1 c. sugar
(I used the least amount, and half of that was xylitol)
1 c. (unsweetened) flaked coconut
1 tsp. vanilla 
1 egg, beaten 
9 - 10 slices bread

Preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl, combine butter & sugar. Stir in coconut and vanilla; then add egg, blending well. Spread over each slice of bread; (the mixture is thick so feel free to put a thick layer on each slice of bread) place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until lightly browned. 

Linked to Easter Roundup You might also enjoy this wonderful recipe for 
Crunchy Crust French Toast




Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments :

Printfriendly