Sunday, June 7, 2015

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Strawberry Season is here!!! and I wanted to 'help' you think more about this delicious fruit...covering them with chocolate is such an extraordinary summertime treat!!!

I just kinda did my own thing, and then saw this recipe at The Southern Lady Cooks so figured I should share measurements with you all. 

These are scrumptious FLORIDA strawberries we enjoyed this winter!
They are hard to beat for sure!!! 


I made them at least twice and once I simply used this awesome dipping chocolate from Bakers  (Good name brand I'd say=)  This works great and is less messy...at least it was for me. 



CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES 
1 c. chocolate chips (any kind you prefer)
1 Tb. shortening (NOT butter)
about 15 lg. berries, washed and dried 
Combine the chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl, preferably a small low glass dish.  Microwave for about 2 minutes on high...in 30 second increments, stirring after each time. (You can heat over medium on stovetop if preferred).    Dip strawberries in chocolate and place on plastic wrap or waxed paper.  I held onto the strawberries by the green tops, but you can use a toothpick through the top if you feel more secure about doing it that way.  Let chocolate harden on the berries. Refrigerate if you want.  Melt white chocolate chips and drizzle over the chocolate.  You can use sprinkles or nuts to top them off.  This recipe makes enough to cover about 15 strawberries depending on their size.

Linked to Full Plate Thursday
         Weekend Potluck


You might also enjoy...

Strawberry Shortcake Cake







Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly