Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Lightened" Strawberry Pizza

I'm happy to be sharing this delightful summer dessert, and wanted to be sure I shared it before summer comes to an end.

In my humble opinion, fresh summer strawberries can't be beat! Add cream cheese, and a crunchy crust and you've got a real winner!



The dear friend I received this recipe from, always chooses to share this recipe whenever she gets an email recipe exchange request.

(Thank you Kristal!)  

It's easy enough to put together and will be gone quickly, so make sure you have the ingredients to make another....pronto!

{It was good enough to add to my cookbook too.}

Changes I made: I cut the butter by 1 Tb. for the called amount. Not that it makes much difference, except it isn't as sticky when pressing into the pan. Instead of the block of cream cheese, I found an 8 oz. tub of strawberry cream cheese spread - 1/3 reduced fat - hiding out in my fridge.

Because it was already sweetened, I didn't add the powdered sugar. (You can always substitute splenda if you need to watch the sugar intake). I also used the sugar free glaze.

It is so delicious. I ate my first piece for breakfast - right after I made it. And another piece for lunch.

You get the idea I'm sure.


STRAWBERRY PIZZA

1-1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 c. cold butter, cut into chunks
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1 - 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. powdered sugar
1 - 8 oz. tub Cool Whip, thawed
4 c. cleaned, sliced fresh strawberries
1 - 16 oz. pkg. strawberry glaze

Preheat oven to 350. In lg. bowl, combine flour, butter, brown sugar and nuts. Spread on 14" pizza pan or 10" X 15" X 1" cookie sheet.

Bake 12 - 15 minutes until browned. Cool.

In medium bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and spread over cooled crust. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to set up.

In large bowl, combine fresh strawberries and glaze until coated. Spread out over cream cheese filling, then top with dollops of Cool Whip to serve. Keep leftovers refrigerated.

Enjoy every tasty bite!!!!



Print Friendly and PDF



Weekend Potluck
Meal Plan Monday

8 comments :

  1. Hello and thanks for stopping by Comfy Cuisine! I hope you liked the zucchini sticks! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely delicious strawberry pizza! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum. I love anything with cream cheese in it. This looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this looks yummy! I love strawberry and cream cheese recipes! I never made a cool pizza like this before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely summer treat! I'm loving your lightened up version :) And mmm that sugared pecan crust!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pecan crust and fresh strawberries...Yummo! Oh yeah, it's really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, it looks so yummy. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and remember to come and vote today. Pinning this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly