Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Mango Cream Smoothie

I have many smoothie recipes at my blog, but I think this may be one of my favorites!!

So thick & creamy and full of flavor. I LOVE the flavor of mango!!

When we spent the winter in Florida, we ate a lot of mangoes....mostly from Walmart or the stand up the road.  *-* 

Thanks to Courtney's Cookbook for sharing this terrific recipe with us at our Weekend Potluck linky party recently. 

I am very fond of the creaminess that adding yogurt or cottage cheese brings to a healthy smoothie. 

I forgot to add the protein powder, which would only make it richer and thicker, and adds lots of protein, but I did add some oatmeal to bulk it up. 
You'll never know it's in there because it will dissolve in the blending process.  I also added a few slices of frozen banana. 

One thing I love and appreciate about smoothies is that you can always add more fruit, or more milk, to get the texture you want. 


MANGO CREAM SMOOTHIE 

                                       3/4 c. almond milk
                                (I used almond/coconut blend)
                                       3/4 c. frozen mango

a few slices of frozen banana, optional 
                              1/3 c.  Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
                                   1/3 c. quick cooking oatmeal
                              1 scoop vanilla protein powder, optional
                                       1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
                                    1 - 2 pkts. Truvia or Stevia 
                                whipped cream for topping, optional

Add everything, but the whipped cream, to the blender and whir until smooth, about 45 seconds or so. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!!
Yield: 1 tasty serving


Linked to Full Plate Thursday
           Weekend Potluck
           Meal Plan Monday




You may also like...











Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly