Sunday, December 11, 2016

Salted Caramel Coffee Pie - Yes Please!!

OH YEH!  I was so excited to try this pie for our family Thanksgiving meal. 

It did not disappoint.  It's very simple, but there are several options, so I hope I don't make it sound complicated.  It really isn't. 

Did you know that you can now purchase M & M's that are a 
COFFEE NUT flavor!  They are sooo good, so I used them to 'garnish' the pie. 
Yummers!

For a long while, I've been the kind of woman who likes some coffee with her creamer. (teehee).  And sweetener too....I admire those that can drink coffee black.  

I SO love the smell of coffee...my dad always had coffee on his breath, so it always stirs memories in me...and it's hard to begin the day without a good cuppa joe.


(BTW - we do coffee at our home the scriptural way...
HE.BREWS=) 

My sweetie brings me a cup of coffee every morning while I sit in my recliner. 
What a gem he is! 

There are SO many options for this lovely dessert...you can use instant coffee granules, add coffee extract or use cold brewed coffee...like I did.
This is how I make Homemade Coffee Concentrate . If you use the concentrate, you just have to plan ahead a bit. 



I first saw this easy recipe from Cooking with K that dissolves instant coffee in the milk. 
Then I saw a recipe for Cold Brew Coffee Pie at The Domestic Rebel
It used 1 pkg. of instant pudding, not 2 as the other recipe calls for. 
And you can add coffee extract.  (I will be sure to add that next time around). 

Be sure to check out those recipes for options.  

I decided to use some SALTED CARAMEL COFFEE CREAMER to replace some of the milk called for in the recipe to add a little zip.  LOVED.IT! 

I think the basic idea to follow is to use 1-1/4 c. liquid for each 4-serv. size instant pudding.  I used 2 pkgs. because I wanted a fuller pie....and 2-1/2 c. liquid. 

(hover over photo to pin)

SALTED CARAMEL COFFEE PIE

1 - 9" graham cracker crust  
2 pkg. (4 serv. size each) instant pudding,
vanilla or white chocolate 
2 - 1/2 c. liquid to mix with pudding
(I used a 4 c. measuring cup - adding 3/4 c. coffee concentrate, 1/2 c. salted caramel coffee creamer
and 1-1/4 c. milk) 
(You can use 2 Tb. instant coffee, flavored, to replace the coffee concentrate) 
2 - 3 tsp. coffee extract, optional 
1 (8 ozs) Cool Whip, thawed, divided

In large bowl, whip up the instant pudding along with the liquid, beating at least 2 minutes. Add extract if using; fold in half the Cool Whip.  Blend well and pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before enjoying. 

Top with remaining Cool Whip (and...some Coffee Nut M & M's if you can find them) 

Linked to Weekend Potluck 
Meal Plan Monday


You might also enjoy...








Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly