Thursday, August 17, 2017

Cake Mix (Rolo) Brownies {New Recipe}

I have been missing my time with you all.

Life keeps me busy going in other directions.  My hubby's dialysis...3 times a week...is going fairly well.

He's had a problem stopping bleeding...they have cut back on his coumadin, so hopefully things will be smoother in the days ahead.  He's having surgery this Friday to raise the fistula vein in his bicep so it can be accessed.  Sure appreciate your prayers! I spend a lot more time with him, and he has a lot of dr. appts. so I am still on the go go go a lot. 

I also have my farmer's market baked goods stand every other week during the summer and I really enjoy that.  I'm so blessed with faithful customers and usually sell out.  That's always awesome!  They really do brighten up my life. 

I made this yummy dessert for a Baker siblings gathering a while back and just recently saw my photo of it, so wanted to share. 



I love using a cake mix for ease and am always happy when I can find a 
simple, and winning!, recipe to use.  It's so nice not having to measure the
flour, sugar, baking powder, etc. separately, isn't it??? 

This tasty recipe is in my new cookbook too...FORK FAVORITES
Another 200 simple family-friendly recipes. I have 6 book signings lined up 
over the next several weeks, so that's a fun part.  I always love visiting
with the people! 



If you're interested in checking out more details about my book,
click here which will take you to the "Cookbooks" tab under my blog header.
You can order through Paypal or mail a check to me.  

Anyway, this recipe is great, especially when you need something last minute.
You can dress it up by adding candy to the middle, or drizzling caramel over the top,  pre-baking, topping off with toffee bits.  Add coffee extract to the batter...let your creative mind go wild. 

I just got a bottle of raspberry extract from Watkins...that will be going in the next time I make these. 

Enjoy!!



CAKE MIX BROWNIES 

1 box (18 ozs.) chocolate cake mix 
(strawberry or lemon are great too) 
1 egg
1/4 c. oil
1/3  . milk
1 c. chocolate, white or peanut butter chips, optional 

Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8" x 8" baking dish; set aside.  In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, egg, oil and milk, stirring until smooth. (I mix by hand - batter is thick). Stir in chocolate chips (save a few to sprinkle over the top). Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.  Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Yield: 9 - 12 servings 

(Or don't add chocolate chips, pour half the batter into prepared pan...place a candy layer, then add remaining batter and bake). 



Linked to Full Plate Thursday




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly